Small grain bins

The place to start if you are new!
NonTypicalCPA
Cowhand
Cowhand

Small grain bins

Postby NonTypicalCPA » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:50 pm

I'm looking to add a small grain bin for bulk feed and need recommendations. I'm thinking in the 2-4 ton. Should I stick with the traditional galvanized steel, or can I look at the poly units? Any brand recommendations?
0 x

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Re: Small grain bins

Postby kenny thomas » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:54 pm

I have a square 3 ton steel and really like it. Moved it from one barn to a different one this summer. Carried it on the loader with pallet forks. Gave $1,900 delivered 2 years ago.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

zirlottkim
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby zirlottkim » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:07 pm

I have a couple of these. They hold around 4 ton a piece and work fine. I built a commodity shed and get feed in bulk so I don't use them anymore. If you were close enough, Il'd make you a deal. I think they were $2200 delivered.
0 x

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:12 pm

zirlottkim wrote:Image
I have a couple of these. They hold around 4 ton a piece and work fine. I built a commodity shed and get feed in bulk so I don't use them anymore. If you were close enough, Il'd make you a deal. I think they were $2200 delivered.

That's how mine is made only a little smaller.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

Ky cowboy
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Ky cowboy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:40 pm

I searched Craigslist for a while and found a 4 ton brock cheap, wee painted it and I like it. Chicken houses are big in my area they might have some older ones.
0 x

NonTypicalCPA
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby NonTypicalCPA » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:17 am

Thanks guys. I've been watching Craigslist too, but with our winter on its way there aren't any being listed other than new poly models. I found one similar to the one pictured above, only it was on an axle so you could take it down the road. It was $3000 new which is more than what I want to invest. I'll keep my eyes posted.
0 x

Return to “Beginners Board”