The place to start if you are new!
bball
GURU
GURU

Re: Cattle Land 50 acres

Postby bball » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:14 pm

Bfields30 wrote:
Bullitt wrote:
Bfields30 wrote:So how many cows should i have to have a bull ???

I think the easiest thing for you to do is to buy some Hereford heifers/cows and you can rent an Angus or Brangus bull for a month for about $250.

The Hereford X Angus will produce Black Baldies. The Hereford X Brangus will produce Super Baldies. The heifers from these crosses are very popular for breeding or for slaughter, as are the steers.

You might even be able to rent a Brahman bull to breed your Hereford cows and produce Braford calves. Or you can always breed a Hereford bull to the cows to get more Herefords.
I found some angus 3n1 for 1800 around Commerce I was thinking of getting 2 or 3 of them calf’s our couple months old as well ... feel like that I could build faster like that open for opinions though

Do you need to build fast? Being new to cattle best I can tell, you may want to take your time and ease into a bit slower. Get your legs under you a bit. There are lots of "hands on" lessons ahead of you. Take your time and build slowly. The lessons learned are cheaper on a small scale, especially if you do not have a local mentor.
1 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are.
-Anais Nin

Bfields30
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Cattle Land 50 acres

Postby Bfields30 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:48 pm

Yeah there’s no rush I’ll be making my first purchase in May no later then June. Bred cows
0 x

Return to “Beginners Board”