Has anyone ever tried All natural rabbit tea fertilizer

The place to start if you are new!
Newcutter
Beginner
Beginner

Has anyone ever tried All natural rabbit tea fertilizer

Postby Newcutter » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:21 pm

Has anyone ever tried all natural rabbit tea fertilizer and if so how did it work for you?
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Has anyone ever tried All natural rabbit tea fertilizer

Postby greybeard » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:27 pm

No, but it has been discussed here at CT in the past. I used to see it advertised on CL but I think the guy went under or changed names of the company.

viewtopic.php?t=97629
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

5S Cattle
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 5S Cattle » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:45 pm

So...do they make the tea out of the rabbits, or do the rabbits make the tea? Curious minds want to know :lol2:
0 x

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:22 am

I've never heard of the stuff. But, I can tell you that rabbit 'manure' is a fabulous fertilizer. You can even use it "fresh", as it is not a "hot" manure. At this point, I have about 50 rabbits and I have used their poo on all the garden beds etc. and it makes a great fertilizer.
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:00 am

Tried it.... tastes awful. :yuck:

:)
2 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:07 am

ive used it in a garden but any large scale application is not feesable , can you imagine the number of rabbits it would take to fertilize a decent sized pasture or hayfield
1 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:25 am

Son of Butch wrote:Tried it.... tastes awful. :yuck:

:)

:lol2: :lol2:
0 x

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:27 am

M-5 wrote:ive used it in a garden but any large scale application is not feesable , can you imagine the number of rabbits it would take to fertilize a decent sized pasture or hayfield

Thousands! :lol2: I would think it would take ALOT of manure, to make a "tea" that is effective for a pasture.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:43 am

Workinonit Farm wrote:
M-5 wrote:ive used it in a garden but any large scale application is not feesable , can you imagine the number of rabbits it would take to fertilize a decent sized pasture or hayfield

Thousands! :lol2: I would think it would take ALOT of manure, to make a "tea" that is effective for a pasture.

a Thousand today six thousand in a couple months
1 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Ebenezer
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ebenezer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:53 pm

Tried some organic, natural something another one year on the garden. It greened up and grew a few days then needed another dose and another and another, ... I ran out of time to dose. Saw pastures in AL that were fertilized with some tea type product and it was hard to tell that it had been fertilized. I'd rather trust the pasture needs to legumes.
0 x

5S Cattle
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 5S Cattle » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:55 pm

Workinonit Farm wrote:I've never heard of the stuff. But, I can tell you that rabbit 'manure' is a fabulous fertilizer. You can even use it "fresh", as it is not a "hot" manure. At this point, I have about 50 rabbits and I have used their poo on all the garden beds etc. and it makes a great fertilizer.

I'll bite... what in the world do you do with 50 rabbits?
0 x

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:54 am

5S Cattle wrote:
Workinonit Farm wrote:I've never heard of the stuff. But, I can tell you that rabbit 'manure' is a fabulous fertilizer. You can even use it "fresh", as it is not a "hot" manure. At this point, I have about 50 rabbits and I have used their poo on all the garden beds etc. and it makes a great fertilizer.

Breed them (obviously), sell them as pets or for eating, put a bunch in our own freezer. At any given time, I'll have somewhere in the number, in various stages of growth, some are very young, many are breeders, and others are almost at 'slaughter' size.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:23 pm

Workinonit Farm wrote:
5S Cattle wrote:

Breed them (obviously), sell them as pets or for eating, put a bunch in our own freezer. At any given time, I'll have somewhere in the number, in various stages of growth, some are very young, many are breeders, and others are almost at 'slaughter' size.

God Bless you ,, I tried a few several years ago and it was a J O B . I finally started selling them to the dog hunters to train puppies with and was very thankful when the last one left.
1 x

KMURBAN
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby KMURBAN » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:09 pm

Let me fist say, I find nothing more enjoyable than killing rabbits, it's like therapy. But don't take my word for it, please give it a try and see for yourself. I think they even really enjoy it too. There just dying to be killed. Taste great also...

But it is the urine you want for fertilizer, mix with water and spray on pastures at a rate of 10 gallons urine to 100 gallons water. It has a nutrient ratio of 10-1-4

10 gallons may sound like a lot, but trust me, I think they pee a gallon for every half gallon they drink. 50 rabbits should give you 10 gallons in a week or less. Plus it will last months without much degradation if kept/collected in a sealed container.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:14 pm

KMURBAN wrote:Let me fist say, I find nothing more enjoyable than killing rabbits, it's like therapy. But don't take my word for it, please give it a try and see for yourself. I think they even really enjoy it too. There just dying to be killed. Taste great also...

But it is the urine you want for fertilizer, mix with water and spray on pastures at a rate of 10 gallons urine to 100 gallons water. It has a nutrient ratio of 10-1-4

10 gallons may sound like a lot, but trust me, I think they pee a gallon for every half gallon they drink. 50 rabbits should give you 10 gallons in a week or less. Plus it will last months without much degradation if kept/collected in a sealed container.

How do you go about collecting the urine from 50 rabbits?
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Return to “Beginners Board”