The place to start if you are new!
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Clothes for hot weather

Postby TexasBred » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:02 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:I am tellin y’all baggy bib overalls and a cotton t shirt is the coolest thing you can wear and really work.
Blue jeans are like a cheap motel no ballroom.

Leave those side buttons unbuttoned and you have a pretty neat pass through ventilation system especially when you bend at the waist. :nod:

You have worked in this jungle TB, not many places have the heat and humidity we do.

Got that right CB. Burning hot by 8 AM and never slacks up. Humidity thick enough to cut with a knife. Not to mention mosquitoes that are huge
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:45 pm

I have bibs - with shorts - or you can always cut off your bibs & make your own shorts. But, bibs are comfy.
0 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:38 pm

Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:I have bibs - with shorts - or you can always cut off your bibs & make your own shorts. But, bibs are comfy.

:lol: :lol: Now I can just see this ol' man out in the pasture in my bibbed "short shorts". I'd have to get me some crocs to go with them. :lol:
2 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Ohio Cowboy
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Ohio Cowboy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:15 pm

Carhartt canvas loose fit Jean's. I'm a linemen so working in the heat is what we do. Those are the best pants in the world. Get em soaking wet 20 min later bone dry. Only things I wear now.
0 x

sim.-ang.king
GURU
GURU

Postby sim.-ang.king » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:40 pm

I prefer central air, and full commando.
1 x
"Benign Neglect" -Dun

bse
GURU
GURU

Postby bse » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:43 pm

used to be jeans, shirt, and boots, ive got older and wiser, shorts, a force carhart tee shirt and twisted x moccasins, and im good to go. and occasionally the crocks, ive figured out i dont care what nobody thinks , im comfortable. I do everything dressed this way even A I ing, never thought id do that
1 x

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:58 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:I have bibs - with shorts - or you can always cut off your bibs & make your own shorts. But, bibs are comfy.

:lol: :lol: Now I can just see this ol' man out in the pasture in my bibbed "short shorts". I'd have to get me some crocs to go with them. :lol:

Well, can't be much worse than this old lady!! LOL
Actually, I hate wearing shorts out in fields of around the cows.
Throwback to my years living in Kansas and dealing with CHIGGERS!!!! My nightmare. They LOVED me & I react badly to all bug bites. To this day, when I feel grass touching my legs, I get a knot in my stomach.
1 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby snoopdog » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:31 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:I am tellin y’all baggy bib overalls and a cotton t shirt is the coolest thing you can wear and really work.
Blue jeans are like a cheap motel no ballroom.
If I get through tomorrows baling without a breakdown , I'm going to go buy a brand new set of big smith striped ones and just shytem full :)
1 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

KMURBAN
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby KMURBAN » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:41 pm

Underwear and steel toe servus boots. No one is going to see me anyway.
1 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:23 am

Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

Throwback to my years living in Kansas and dealing with CHIGGERS!!!! My nightmare. They LOVED me & I react badly to all bug bites. To this day, when I feel grass touching my legs, I get a knot in my stomach.

This!!! Plus ticks, thistles, thorns, poison ivy, snakes . . . . I don't care how hot it is, my legs are covered, I'm wearing boots & doused in Deet 40.
1 x

KMURBAN
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby KMURBAN » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:33 am

TCRanch wrote:
Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:
TexasBred wrote: :lol: :lol: Now I can just see this ol' man out in the pasture in my bibbed "short shorts". I'd have to get me some crocs to go with them. :lol:

This!!! Plus ticks, thistles, thorns, poison ivy, snakes . . . . I don't care how hot it is, my legs are covered, I'm wearing boots & doused in Deet 40.

I can deal with it all, except heatstroke. I also use a 4 wheeler when possible. Last year I actually ran out of gas in a 6ft tall stinging nettle patch wearing only a swim suit and gym shoes. That was fun, but actually got out without a single sting, but understand people have different tolerance for different conditions and my tolerance for heat is far less than a sting scrape or bite...
0 x

gizmom
GURU
GURU

Postby gizmom » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:11 pm

I don’t like to wear shorts when working outside, I hate when dirt and grass sticks to my legs. Suffered through the heat in jeans for years, now wear Duluth trading dry on the fly work pants. Light weight plenty of pockets and so much cooler than jeans.

Gizmom
1 x
Respect give it to get it!

Return to “Beginners Board”