Re: An article to make Brookhill sweat

Post by Brookhill Angus » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:56 pm

Richnm wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:21 pm
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:54 pm
Richnm wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:40 pm
Small cows , small wallets , small feed , small scrotals. Stop making excuses , if you fed your cows like your wife .....
Brookhill! Bring your John Deere and we can bale it! I am going to cut alfalfa this week , I just put up 300 tons of triticale . Here’s a couple pics. The triticale makes them super fat! Here is a pic of a 1 year old SAV Renown Heifer. Thats probably to “fat for her age.” https://postimg.cc/gallery/iepcs5t6/
Looking good Rich. Breed her to President.

She’s going to be a huge cow.

The triticale is gaining popularity, and I can see why.

I know who I’m calling for advice on hay.

"When someone tells you it can't be done, it's more a reflection of their limitations, not yours"

Boot Jack Bulls
GURU
GURU

Post by Boot Jack Bulls » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:18 am

Richnm wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:42 pm
If Mr. Herbster told me to breed a horse to my cows , I would do it. He is far “rich”er than me or anyone else on this forum. The end goal is money, the trash talk is just jealously.
Seriously?!?! You could not construct a better statement to prove your ignorance....
Boot Jack Cattle LLC & Boot Jack Boers

Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU

Post by Brookhill Angus » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:41 am

Boot Jack Bulls wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:18 am
Richnm wrote:
If Mr. Herbster told me to breed a horse to my cows , I would do it. He is far “rich”er than me or anyone else on this forum. The end goal is money, the trash talk is just jealously.
Seriously?!?! You could not construct a better statement to prove your ignorance....
Rich could go with any bull Mr. Herbster owns and still produce a calf that would outshine 98% of the cattle in the United States.

I don’t consider his statement ignorant at all.

It’s like the difference in going to Mayo Clinic versus the hometown hospital.

Or Harvard versus community college.

Some things in life are a no brainer.
"When someone tells you it can't be done, it's more a reflection of their limitations, not yours"

Boot Jack Bulls
GURU
GURU

Post by Boot Jack Bulls » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:09 am

Brookhill Angus wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:41 am
Boot Jack Bulls wrote:
Richnm wrote:
Rich could go with any bull Mr. Herbster owns and still produce a calf that would outshine 98% of the cattle in the United States.

His ignorance is demonstrated by his presumptuous attitude in regards to the wealth of various members of this board! Again, I couldn't care less what kind of cattle he breeds, or that you breed for that matter. They hold no appeal for me. What I can't quite wrap my head around at this point is why the mods let the rediculous behavior on some of these threads continue.... :shock:
Boot Jack Cattle LLC & Boot Jack Boers

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Post by True Grit Farms » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:52 am

I feel sorry for folks that can't think for themselves, and don't have any common sense. You don't need money to breed good cattle, and money sure can't buy cow sense.
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Red Bull Breeder
GURU
GURU

Post by Red Bull Breeder » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:35 am

If Herbster is so smart and such a great cattle breeder why does he need to go to SAV to buy his next great bull? I bet ole Herbster didn't make all that money he has breeding cattle. Just like Bob Funk didn't make his breeding cattle.

Bcompton53
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by Bcompton53 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:04 am

Red Bull Breeder wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:35 am
If Herbster is so smart and such a great cattle breeder why does he need to go to SAV to buy his next great bull? I bet ole Herbster didn't make all that money he has breeding cattle. Just like Bob Funk didn't make his breeding cattle.
Now that is a good question.

Brookhill, thanks for posting those. I am still learning how to apply the numbers I see to a real world animal, within the limitations of the system. So it helps to see something that's on one end of the spectrum, and what that means numberwise.

Ebenezer
GURU
GURU

Post by Ebenezer » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:22 pm

Red Bull Breeder wrote:
Hey, watch out, you're starting to tread on the AAA big names! :lol:

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Post by TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:28 pm

Ebenezer wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:22 pm
Red Bull Breeder wrote:
Hey, watch out, you're starting to tread on the AAA big names! :lol:
Doubt they feel a hoof print.
Making Cattle Today Great Again!
Sometimes you do have to throw out the babies with the bath water.

Brookhill Angus
GURU
GURU

Post by Brookhill Angus » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:43 pm

Boot Jack Bulls wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:09 am
Brookhill Angus wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:41 am
Boot Jack Bulls wrote:

His ignorance is demonstrated by his presumptuous attitude in regards to the wealth of various members of this board! Again, I couldn't care less what kind of cattle he breeds, or that you breed for that matter. They hold no appeal for me. What I can't quite wrap my head around at this point is why the mods let the rediculous behavior on some of these threads continue.... :shock:
Yet you think “ slurp” comments, “on your knees for favors” comments, or even “STFU, you are NOTHING in the cattle business” comments are perfectly fine, you must, you never call them out, do you?

That’s pure ignorance, not Rich expressing why he chose to work with Mr, Herbster

I thought you were above the bottom dwelling crowd, but you seem to have no issues with them.

Red Bull Breeder
GURU
GURU

Post by Red Bull Breeder » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:08 pm

But the question of why this elite cattle breeder has to pay huge sums of money to another breeder to bring in bulls in to his herd!
Seems a bit like Broohill, can't breed the best his self so he rides others coat tails.

If you are breeding the best to the best you should be producing the best. If your not producing the best then you were not breeding the best to the best.