Feeding

The place to start if you are new!
kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Re: Feeding

Post by kenny thomas » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:49 pm

If it's a good year I plan on feeding 2-3 weeks in December. Start grazing stockpile Dec 20. It should last till late February. Feed 5-6 weeks till April 5. That's when I try to turn out. By that date I can move through the paddocks every couple days and it will still be ok.

My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Post by kenny thomas » Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:23 pm

kenny thomas wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:49 pm
If it's a good year I plan on feeding 2-3 weeks in December. Start grazing stockpile Dec 20. It should last till late February. Feed 5-6 weeks till April 5. That's when I try to turn out. By that date I can move through the paddocks every couple days and it will still be ok.
I'm going to attend 6 grazing classes this year begining tomorrow night. Maybe I can get more days of grazing next year.
I ask what they were going to talk about and some of it was Grazing 300. Supposed to help people toward the goal of grazing 300 days a year. I told them I would have to stay after class because I'm going to try to get 325 days this year.

pricefarm
GURU
GURU

Post by pricefarm » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:41 am

kenny thomas wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:23 pm
kenny thomas wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:49 pm
I'm going to attend 6 grazing classes this year begining tomorrow night. Maybe I can get more days of grazing next year.
I ask what they were going to talk about and some of it was Grazing 300. Supposed to help people toward the goal of grazing 300 days a year. I told them I would have to stay after class because I'm going to try to get 325 days this year.
What do you think about feeding hay the month of September and maybe into October? That way all the pasture can grow and maybe spread out some N to give it a boost?

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Post by kenny thomas » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:42 am

Nothing wrong with that either.