Fencing

The place to start if you are new!
JeremyPhillips75
Beginner
Beginner

Fencing

Post by JeremyPhillips75 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:35 am

My second post.

Question: I am running barb wire fencing with wood posts. Why is it recommended that I start from the bottom and work my way up?

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Re: Fencing

Post by callmefence » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:04 am

JeremyPhillips75 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:35 am
My second post.

Question: I am running barb wire fencing with wood posts. Why is it recommended that I start from the bottom and work my way up?
It's not.
Pull your bottom wire after setting your ends and corners to use as a straight line. We then stretch all the other wires top down. Although that really doesn't matter...but always tie or staple from top down
Support your local hardworking white boy.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Post by ga.prime » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:27 am

It won't take long to find out it'll get all tangled up if you start at the bottom and work your way up.
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

JeremyPhillips75
Beginner
Beginner

Post by JeremyPhillips75 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:42 am

That was my thought. I've seen two articles now that reference starting at the bottom and working up...neither tell me why.

Dsth
Cowhand
Cowhand

Post by Dsth » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:38 am

I put fence in one strand at a time because of labor/equipment availability. I string first strand to use as straight line for post and then start from the bottom and work my way up. It seems easier to keep wire spacing even throughout. the only advantage of starting on top that I can think of is that the corner post are more likely to move the higher you go; therefor starting on top would help insure that the lower wires stay tight as you pull the other wires tight. If you do a good job of installing corner and brace post, you should have the same result whether you start on top or bottom.