How to post a picture... Easy as 1-2-3!

The place to start if you are new!
M Gravlee
Site Admin
Site Admin

How to post a picture... Easy as 1-2-3!

Postby M Gravlee » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:24 am

You have to be a Forum Member and be logged in...

Easiest way is to click the "• Add image to post" below your text and then browse to the file on your computer and click upload. It will upload your file and automatically put the small version in your post. Anyone can then click on the little image to see the large image.

OR

1. Go to Photo Gallery at http://ranchers.net/photopost/index.php and click on "Upload Photos". If you don't see the button, register and login. You have to Register and log in before you can upload. Your ranchers.net forum login should work or you can register directly in the Photo Gallery there. Cattletoday.com logins won't work. (Or you can use PhotoBucket.com if you prefer)

2. Click on the first "Browse" button and find the photo file on your hard drive.

3. Enter Title and Description if you wish and click the "Upload/Submit" button.
If it says Uploading Photos but nothing appears, your image is too large, either in file size or dimensions or both. It will take very large images but not giant images.

4. When you have got the picture uploaded and opened, RIGHT CLICK in the picture. You will get a text box opened. Scroll down to "properties" and left click. This brings up another box and in that box there will be a URL. Highlight the complete URL and copy (CNTL C).

5. Go to the forum where you want to post your picture. When you click on Post there will be several little boxes at the top of the page. The boxes contain the following: "B" for bold, i for italics, u for underline and so on. There will be one box that has "Img". When you are ready to post your picture press click the "Img", put your cursor in between the {img}{/img} and then paste your picture by pressing (CNTL V) and you are done.

That's all!

:D

Another plus for the Photo Gallery... your picture is automatically sized just right for the Forums! :D
Last edited by M Gravlee on Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

warpaint
GURU
GURU

Postby warpaint » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:01 am

Fantastic!!
Registered Texas Longhorns
Medicine Hat Farm

EIEIO
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby EIEIO » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:27 am

Anybody near Houston Missouri that can come over here and teach me how the heck to post a picture :oops: ??

J
A farm or ranch is a lifelong work in progress. It's never done as there is always something to do.

Ryan
GURU
GURU

Postby Ryan » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:49 am

Got a few up. How do I delete or edit pictures once they are up?

THanks,

Ryan
"Breed the best to the best."

DOC HARRIS

M Gravlee
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby M Gravlee » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:42 pm

Ryan wrote:Got a few up. How do I delete or edit pictures once they are up?

THanks,

Ryan

Should have a delete button now.

Ryan
GURU
GURU

Postby Ryan » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:21 pm

Thank you much
"Breed the best to the best."

DOC HARRIS

Central Fl Cracker
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Central Fl Cracker » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:46 pm

Why are the pictures so small?

MrGale
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby MrGale » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:51 am

THANK YOU !!!!
education....what is left after all you learned in school is forgotten. (Albert Einstien)

kjones
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby kjones » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:38 pm

I know this isnt about posting pictures, but when I want to reply to a particular post, how do I get the little box with their post to come up in mine?

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:47 pm

kjones wrote:I know this isnt about posting pictures, but when I want to reply to a particular post, how do I get the little box with their post to come up in mine?

Click on the quote button in the orignal posts

dun

IluvABbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby IluvABbeef » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:47 pm

kjones wrote:I know this isnt about posting pictures, but when I want to reply to a particular post, how do I get the little box with their post to come up in mine?

click on the quote button on the person's post.

kjones
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby kjones » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:56 pm

Thanks for the help. I didn't realize it was that simple. I am fairly new to computers, so I have alot to learn.

Australian Cattleman
GURU
GURU

Postby Australian Cattleman » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:50 am

I've given up for the time being trying to post pictures as it takes too long.I'll try again one day when time permits.
Colin

birdog
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

posting a picture easy as 1,2,3 strikes your out

Postby birdog » Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:05 pm

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have clicked on upload photo, clicked on browse, found the pictures clicked on picture file.jpeg. Clicked on upload/submit. After a few minutes it says they were processed but I can't find them. What am I doing wrong. Seems pretty straight forward but doesn't work for me. Any help please. Thanks

randiliana
GURU
GURU

Re: posting a picture easy as 1,2,3 strikes your out

Postby randiliana » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:42 pm

So why can't I find the URL now? I've uploaded lots, but now I can't find the URL to copy?
“The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.” Thomas A. Edisonl

Randi

My Blog
http://easygenes.blogspot.com/

Return to “Beginners Board”