Squeeze Chute recommendations?

The place to start if you are new!
Angus Cowman
GURU
GURU

Re: Squeeze Chute recommendations?

Postby Angus Cowman » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:46 pm

Aaron wrote:
Santas and Duhram Reds wrote:I saw a Sioux chute at a Farm Show yesterday and was pretty impressed.

The only chute better than a Sioux Steel is a Stampede Steel, and it's not much of a difference.

Aaron I agree that Stampede chute is the best out there I have been looking at getting a new one and I might this yr since we bought another farm and will need a chute there
I will move my old one there and put a new Stampede at the headquarters
a new Hyd was running right at $10k
Hopefully I never have to go back to a manual I love my hydraulics
If they had to actually work with a Spade and Hoe versus electing them we would all be better off (Caustic Burno 2011)

bird dog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby bird dog » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:37 pm

Suzie
I know for a fact that they are sold in Australia. I visited their plant last year and saw first hand their sales office where they they take orders. I commented about all the clocks on the wall showing the different times around the world and the young man I was talking to stated that someone was there almost 24 hrs a day because Australia was their biggest market besides the US. Mr Priefert saw me wondering around and came out ans shook my hand and told the young sales man to take me on a tour of their 3000 acre ranch which is right behind the factory.
The reason I was there to begin with was that I had a bought a farm that came with a old rusty priefert chute that had been sitting out in the weather since day one. I visited the Prifert booth at the Ft Worth stock show and ask their rep about getting a couple replacement parts and maybe some matching paint. He said "why don't you send it back to the plant for refurbishment". I had never heard of anything like that so he gave me a name to call. So I called and they said "sure bring on out". So I did. They looked it over and told me by the serial number it was an 87 model and would be easy to refurb because the floor was still usable. I inquired about the cost and they said not much, probably $200 - $300.
I thought whoa, what a bargain. Dad always told me when things sound to good to be true, they usually ain't. In three weeks I got a call telling me it was ready. When I arrived and they brought it out I thought that they had mixed mine up with somebody else's because it was as good as new. Really better than new because they had added some improvement that they had made to newer models. My bill was $174.00. They had replaced all the rods and bent bars, readjusted all the moving parts. sandblasted it, dipped it in the paint vat, new stickers, new hand grips and re greased the sliding parts on the rear gate. I was floored. I ask this same young man why they did it so cheap and he said "the Priefert family believes that if you buy a chute from us, it should last you your lifetime. They made a believer out of me and I have bought a hay ring and a automatic head gate since then. I know you can't visit the plant in East Texas but I can tell you from my experience that they will stand behind their product no matter where you are in the world.

S&S Farms
Rancher
Rancher

Postby S&S Farms » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:35 am

If money not an issue my first choice would be a hydralic Silencer followed by Formost, then a WW which is what I have. Someday Ihope to have a Silencer with scales under it fed with a doulbe alley. Now where did I leave that winning ticket?
Focused on the Customers Ultimate Satisfaction

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:43 am

S&S Farms wrote:If money not an issue my first choice would be a hydralic Silencer followed by Formost, then a WW which is what I have. Someday Ihope to have a Silencer with scales under it fed with a doulbe alley. Now where did I leave that winning ticket?

I was kind of torn between the scale under the chute and the scale in the alleyway. With a double alley it would almost have to be under the chute. We ended up with it in the alleyway and I've really come to like it. The neighbors is under the chute and (maybe because I'm used to ours) I find his clumsy to use for the little things we use ours for. It's probably a FORD chevy kind of deal
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Angus Cowman
GURU
GURU

Postby Angus Cowman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:46 am

S&S Farms wrote:If money not an issue my first choice would be a hydralic Silencer followed by Formost, then a WW which is what I have. Someday Ihope to have a Silencer with scales under it fed with a doulbe alley. Now where did I leave that winning ticket?

I looked at the silencer also but I think the Stampede is the better chute of the 2 and not much difference in price if I remember correctly
If they had to actually work with a Spade and Hoe versus electing them we would all be better off (Caustic Burno 2011)

S&S Farms
Rancher
Rancher

Postby S&S Farms » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:14 pm

Angus Cowman wrote:

I looked at the silencer also but I think the Stampede is the better chute of the 2 and not much difference in price if I remember correctly

I will have to look at a Stampede then sometime I have not seen one.
Focused on the Customers Ultimate Satisfaction

Suzie Q
GURU
GURU

Postby Suzie Q » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:39 pm

Thank you so much bird dog.

I did not get a response from my email, but I will have to wait until I have the money anyway.
http://www.suesonlineshoppingstore.com/ = my blog and http://suesstore.fabulousproductsmall.com/

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:49 pm

They really will stand behind their products. We bought one of the first rancher models and put an auto headcatch on it. With that headgate there was a problem with the design. A calf could get it's foot wedged between th gate and the floor of the chute. I welded a piece of angle to fill the gap and the problem was fixed. I talked to the Priefert rep and before I had a chance to tell him I had already fixed it he told me to get something welded in place and send them the bill. Now the chute is made with the fix in place.

bird dog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby bird dog » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:09 pm

Suzie,
They are country folk over there and even though they have a nice web site, it doesn't work very well at times. I never could get a response from them by email even with I emailed Mr Priefert to thank him for the good service and to compliment him on his employees. Might want to try the old fashion way, a land line.

Bird dog

showing71
Rancher
Rancher

Postby showing71 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:49 pm

We bought a StrongHold chute in October. So far, we've loved it. I believe they come out of Clarion, Iowa. Both sides of the chute swings out, and it has a bar on the inside so the rear of the animal can't swing out. Makes getting to some of the hard to reach places like the belly easy to get. We can catch from the rear, so that makes it easy when you're the only one out there.

tsmaxx47
Rancher
Rancher

Postby tsmaxx47 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:58 am

the only problem we have had with our preifort chute is the side gate latch. the latch hangs up when we open the side gate and has to be returned by the lever. the tail gate is also difficult to close when behind the animal, but since it wasn't designed to work that way we just live with it. we have been very happy with our preifort auto headgate. the chute allows access to any part of the animal and the squeeze takes the pi$$ and vinegar out of them right quick!!! easy one man operation......

Texas PaPaw
GURU
GURU

Postby Texas PaPaw » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:05 am

tsmaxx47 wrote:the only problem we have had with our preifort chute is the side gate latch. the latch hangs up when we open the side gate and has to be returned by the lever. the tail gate is also difficult to close when behind the animal, but since it wasn't designed to work that way we just live with it. we have been very happy with our preifort auto headgate. the chute allows access to any part of the animal and the squeeze takes the pi$$ and vinegar out of them right quick!!! easy one man operation......

Which model chute do you have? Single sliding tailgate or the split tailgate. Any idea why tailgate is difficult to close? Am asking because am considering buying one.

Thanks for your input.
Good luck & happy trails.

Brock

Brock's Law "If you do enough stumblin', you'll stumble on to something"

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:22 am

Texas PaPaw wrote:
tsmaxx47 wrote:the only problem we have had with our preifort chute is the side gate latch. the latch hangs up when we open the side gate and has to be returned by the lever. the tail gate is also difficult to close when behind the animal, but since it wasn't designed to work that way we just live with it. we have been very happy with our preifort auto headgate. the chute allows access to any part of the animal and the squeeze takes the pi$$ and vinegar out of them right quick!!! easy one man operation......

Which model chute do you have? Single sliding tailgate or the split tailgate. Any idea why tailgate is difficult to close? Am asking because am considering buying one.

Thanks for your input.

The sliding one is on the Rancher. I found that some spray white grease on the upper parts of the chute that the gate slides on makes it a piece of cake to open and close. The bigger chute has the split door, I like them as well but my wife is too short to reach the handles to move them.

bigbull338
Beefmaster Breeder
Beefmaster Breeder

Postby bigbull338 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:16 am

Texas PaPaw wrote:

Thanks for your input.

you want the S04 squeeze chute,weve used our squeeze chute a few times an havent had any problems with it at all.plus its a bigger chute with more room.our horned cattle can go through it without any problems.

tsmaxx47
Rancher
Rancher

Postby tsmaxx47 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:39 pm

dun wrote:
Texas PaPaw wrote:

Thanks for your input.

The sliding one is on the Rancher. I found that some spray white grease on the upper parts of the chute that the gate slides on makes it a piece of cake to open and close. The bigger chute has the split door, I like them as well but my wife is too short to reach the handles to move them.

i have the sliding door on the "rancher". i'm pretty sure some spray on lubricant would fix it. if i wanted that feature i wouldn't let that issue stand in the way. too good of a chute in all other respects.....

Return to “Beginners Board”