Daily Inspiration!

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby TN Cattle Man » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:24 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
TN Cattle Man wrote:Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

One of my favorite passages. Thanks for posting.

One of my favorites as well TT!!
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

Williamsv
GURU
GURU

Postby Williamsv » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:12 pm

This is one of my favorite verses too. I have a cross with this verse on it in my family room. Thank you for posting it.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:13 am

Isaiah 40:31

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
0 x

Williamsv
GURU
GURU

Postby Williamsv » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:28 pm

Another of my favorite scriptures. Thank you for posting it.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:33 pm

Some rambling thoughts I've had this week:

As if we ever give Jesus the credit he deserves, there is something we overlook. Jesus was a very brave man. In luke 11 he calls out the Pharisees for focusing on worshipping outwardly. Accusing them of being more worried about people see them do. That they overlooked what was actually on the inside. When the scribes, and experts in the law chastised him for saying it, he pointed out that they were quick to interpret the law, but slow to live by it. These people held his fate in their hands. We forget the pain he felt on the cross, was real. The blood he shed was real. His emotions were real.
As he rode a donkey down the street on Palm Sunday, people lined the streets cheering for him. Throwing clothing, and Palm leaves in his path. He knew full well the same people cheering for him on Sunday, would deny him on Friday. Yet, he made the journey.
I Sometimes dwell on the question, why did humanity kill Jesus? Apparently they loved him, but hated what he had to say. We were fine with him healing the sick, raising the dead, and feeding the thousands. Apparently what he had to say was very upsetting. He asked us to love our neighbor, forgive those who trespass against us, and put others before ourselves.
Yes, Jesus is not credited for his bravery. His words to the Pharisees might as well have been aimed at me. I am guilty of washing the cup, but neglecting the inside. His comments to the scribes might just as well have been aimed at me. I am guilty of interpreting the scriptures, but not living the scriptures. Thanks to his bravery, his willingness to speak the truth, and his willingness to die for me, my short comings are forgiven.
Sorry for the rambling, but some comments on the board today really got me thinking about myself. The truth is, that I am a very imperfect man, worshipping a perfect savior. Of all the things Jesus showed us, his bravery has really stricken me today.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:41 am

Bigfoot wrote:Some rambling thoughts I've had this week:

As if we ever give Jesus the credit he deserves, there is something we overlook. Jesus was a very brave man. In luke 11 he calls out the Pharisees for focusing on worshipping outwardly. Accusing them of being more worried about people see them do. That they overlooked what was actually on the inside. When the scribes, and experts in the law chastised him for saying it, he pointed out that they were quick to interpret the law, but slow to live by it. These people held his fate in their hands. We forget the pain he felt on the cross, was real. The blood he shed was real. His emotions were real.
As he rode a donkey down the street on Palm Sunday, people lined the streets cheering for him. Throwing clothing, and Palm leaves in his path. He knew full well the same people cheering for him on Sunday, would deny him on Friday. Yet, he made the journey.
I Sometimes dwell on the question, why did humanity kill Jesus? Apparently they loved him, but hated what he had to say. We were fine with him healing the sick, raising the dead, and feeding the thousands. Apparently what he had to say was very upsetting. He asked us to love our neighbor, forgive those who trespass against us, and put others before ourselves.
Yes, Jesus is not credited for his bravery. His words to the Pharisees might as well have been aimed at me. I am guilty of washing the cup, but neglecting the inside. His comments to the scribes might just as well have been aimed at me. I am guilty of interpreting the scriptures, but not living the scriptures. Thanks to his bravery, his willingness to speak the truth, and his willingness to die for me, my short comings are forgiven.
Sorry for the rambling, but some comments on the board today really got me thinking about myself. The truth is, that I am a very imperfect man, worshipping a perfect savior. Of all the things Jesus showed us, his bravery has really stricken me today.

Very well said Bigfoot! Thanks for posting!
0 x

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Postby Kingfisher » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:39 am

I will go before you and make the crooked places straight. Isaiah 45:2
0 x
Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.

Shanghai
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Shanghai » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:07 am

Two Kinds of Wisdom
13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. 14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. 15 Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. 16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.

17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.
0 x
Don't ever give up, ever give in, ever stop trying, ever sell out. If you get knocked down, pick yourself up, brush yourself off and start where you left off. But never, ever, ever give up

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:51 pm

The Pharisee, and the scribes

Luke 11: 37-54

Jesus is invited to a meal by the Pharisees, and scribes.

They take offense that he did not follow Jewish law, and wash his hands.

Jesus harshly points out, that they are In fact hypocrites. That they worry more about what people think, than they do about what God thinks.

Many instances of Jesus coming in to contact with people in the bible. Very few are dealt with harshly.

For instance:
1. The woman at the well. She explains she has a checkered past, and that Jesus should not be talking to her. Jesus doesn't berate her for her past, he tells her, that he can forgive her past.

2. One of his own disciples, Thomas. Can't believe that Jesus has been resurrected. Thomas had heard Jesus preach time and time again. Seen him preform miracles, yet he wanted to see the nail scars to believe. Jesus simply showed him the scars, and said blessed are those that believe, but have never seen.

3. A young man approached Jesus, and wanted to follow him. Jesus said, come on, as long as you are willing to give up your possessions. When the young man couldn't, Jesus let him calmly walk away. Jesus didn't scold him.

Time and time again Jesus, faces people with shortcomings, but he scolds the Pharisee, and the scribe for being hypocrites. It scares me to see that Jesus has a short fuse for a hypocrite. I have many of the same qualities of the Pharisee. I worry about what people will think of me, when I should worry about what God thinks of me. I wash the outside of the cup, but neglect the inside.

1 Timothy 4 warns us that in the end times hypocrites will try pull the Christians away from Christ. I'm not trying to pretend to know the end is near. Nobody knows when the end will come. I do however see me being pulled away from Christ. My faith has been quitened by fear. Fear that negative public comments about: Muslims, homosexuals, or removing prayer from school will get me ostracized from society. It's hypocritical for me to feel this way. The bible tells us that we are in this world, and not of this world. It's hypocritical for me to try and fit in. I think I will start worrying less what people think of me, and more about what God thinks.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:55 pm

I've been dwelling in Luke 11 for some time now, if you can't tell.
0 x

Williamsv
GURU
GURU

Postby Williamsv » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:28 pm

Wonderful post and a message that we all need to apply to our lives. Thank you for sharing this with us. We must learn not to conform to the ways of this world. The older I get the more I see that I certainly don't fit in with most people any more, and it doesn't bother me at all. My main concern is to live for Christ each day and abide in His Word, and remember that this world is not my home. I am just passing through.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:45 am

Thoughts on a Christian experiencing sadness, or depreciation:

God doesn't promise us health. God doesn't promise us wealth. It's not uncommon at all to run in to a Christian, that has strong faith, and weak bank account. It's not uncommon to cross paths with a Christian, that is experiencing health issues. If we were to have a conversation with a sick Christian, or a Christian experiencing financial difficulty, I don't think any of us would encourage them to strengthen their fAith, in hopes of remedying the problem.

Why is that when we cross paths with a sad or depressed Christian, do we encourage them to strengthen their faith? All in all, the earth is not a happy place. We are not surrounded by our own kind. We are not welcomed with open arms by society. It is not a shock to me at all, that a Christian may experience sadness.

It occurs to me, that Jesus is probably very experienced with feeling sad. To offer the gift of salvation, and have it be rejected by so many must be a tough pill to swallow. To offer hope to people that insist on being hopeless surely, makes Jesus experience sadness.

I personally find it very easy to see, that a Christian could Infact experience sadness, or depression, and still be a very devout Christian. I don't think that experiencing an earthly emotion here on earth makes you a bad person. I do find solice in the fact, that I know there will be "NO" sadness in heaven.

Much of our Christian training doesn't prepare us for sadness, or depression. Most of the hymns we sing are actually even misleading. For instance-------It was there by faith, I recieved my sight, and now I am happy all the day--------Is that statement in the bible? Does god promise us happiness on earth, or just eternal life in heaven. Free from this body, and free from pain. Free from all the ills of this earth (including sadness).

If you a Christian that sometimes experiences depression. Look at as a Christian experiencing life on earth. Don't see yourself as having weak faith.

I don't know anybody needs to read this, but I know I needed to hear myself say it. I have good days, and I have bad days, and I have sad days, and I love God, and he loves me.
0 x

J&D Cattle
GURU
GURU

Postby J&D Cattle » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:43 am

I enjoyed your writing Bigfoot but your last line, "I love God, and he loves me", says it all.
0 x
J & D Cattle

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:45 pm

Can't seem to edit it now. My earlier post was about depression, not depreciation.
0 x

Williamsv
GURU
GURU

Postby Williamsv » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:07 am

Very good post. I enjoyed reading it. Glad you posted it.
0 x

Return to “Coffee Shop”