Cactus ropes

All about horses.
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Cactus ropes

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:26 pm

Bought a calf rope yesterday, best feeling rope I ever had the minute I untied it..how do they hold up?. Always used kings in the past.but had to break them in on the dummy a few days before I got them broke in enough, but lasted till they were slick as glass...
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Cactus ropes

Postby Bigfoot » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:09 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:Bought a calf rope yesterday, best feeling rope I ever had the minute I untied it..how do they hold up?. Always used kings in the past.but had to break them in on the dummy a few days before I got them broke in enough, but lasted till they were slick as glass...

I'd be interested in knowing the model. I've thrown the destiny since they first came out. They hold up well, but the honda wants to turn. I zip tie mine down every night.

I like the Viper by classic, equally. Bought 6 this morning :shock:
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:59 pm

It's a double SS.. All my heading ropes are classics...don't calf rope anymore.but wanted one to practice on the dummy and pasture rope calves when I need to..
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:29 pm

We have a dummy ropin shoot out in our garage almost nightly in the winter. Got three kids. Me and them rope in succession. You hit, your still in. Last one in wins a dollar. We're playin for my dollar ofcourse, I like to keep it, and they like to win it. Gets pretty competitive.
0 x

talltimber
GURU
GURU

Postby talltimber » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:52 pm

I liked Cactus. I was using the Bad Boy heel rope, and another, when I quit going. The other, it was purple or blue I believe, Hypnotic maybe? I liked them both. Great ropes.
0 x
If you cross the river before, leave a good horse on this side.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:55 am

I started out with smith , they felt great at first to..but wouldn't last till the water got hot..that's why I went to kings ...
0 x

Ojp6
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Ojp6 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:50 pm

We use mostly Willard calf ropes and they seem to hold up pretty good. I've used all different ones but usually end up buying a Willard again. The double s I had wasn't to bad. It was wearing out pretty quick and then I got in a little wreck and had to cut it and I've never had one since.
0 x
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking is freedom - Dwight Eisenhower

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:01 pm

Ojp6 wrote:We use mostly Willard calf ropes and they seem to hold up pretty good. I've used all different ones but usually end up buying a Willard again. The double s I had wasn't to bad. It was wearing out pretty quick and then I got in a little wreck and had to cut it and I've never had one since.

Grabbed 3 willards the other day. I like em.
0 x

Return to “Horse Talk!”