Cattle Lease

For the dairy folks and/or beef folks with questions about udders, milk and mastitis.
LJCC
Cowhand
Cowhand

Cattle Lease

Postby LJCC » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:47 pm

I'm interested in leasing out dairy heifers and am looking for some information on the subject. Does anyone have experience in this area? I need some basic info like rates and contract length.

Thanks in advance.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Cattle Lease

Postby TexasBred » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:26 am

LJCC wrote:I'm interested in leasing out dairy heifers and am looking for some information on the subject. Does anyone have experience in this area? I need some basic info like rates and contract length.

Thanks in advance.

You're wanting to lease some for yourself or you have some you want to lease to someone else?? Can't see it working....milk prices have dropped $10 a hundred weight.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

LJCC
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby LJCC » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:06 pm

I'm leasing cattle out to other people and trying to see if my rates are in line with other peoples rates. Obviously milk prices aren't where they were six months ago but it's all a big cycle.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:00 pm

LJCC wrote:I'm leasing cattle out to other people and trying to see if my rates are in line with other peoples rates. Obviously milk prices aren't where they were six months ago but it's all a big cycle.

That last big milk price was no cycle. That was an all time record. Only lease cattle I ever saw were being leased by a young man over in north east Texas. He was getting them from some guy in Tennessee....ended up breaking him. They were all black and white and had 4 tits but didn't milk for shyt.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

cbcr
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby cbcr » Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:26 am

0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu May 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Anywhere from 25% to 40% of a dairy herd will be culled for one reason or another every year. Better work all that into your numbers and the dairyman can only afford to pay a certain amount of rent/lease on the cattle or he can't stay in business. If it were that advantageous to the dairyman there would be much more of it.
0 x

Return to “Got Milk?”