Vet responsibilites

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
dun
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Vet responsibilites

Postby dun » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:56 am

Alan wrote:I really wish people, and I use that word kindly for this type of person, could be held legally liable and responsible for the shyt they put on social media. If you don't have the money to pay the vet be ready to put your pet/livestock down yourself! Vets became Vets because in the beginning they love animals, but when they realize the electric bill needs paid and their employees want paid, the government could care less about two dogs running in the road and getting hit, mortgage companies want paid or else..... Puff, now it's a business with financial responsibilities. Social media can help or destroy a business very fast.

Getting to be known for being willing to take in some of these cases and not gte paid the full tariff (if at all) can really come back to bite the vet. Our vet is known for taking in strays and nursing them to health and finding homes for them. There are times when there will be a half dozen or more kittens running around the clinic. Last year in August they were on vacation in WY and I drove by and noticed a pet carrier on the front steps in the direct sun. Being the curious (all right nosey) type I stopped and checked. There were 3 kittens in the carrier about 10 weeks old. They were in pretty bad shape from the heat and no water. I found a bowl and gave them some water and called one of the people that work in the clinic. He came in and put them inside and fed and watered them. Need I say I was hot enough to (a term that will be changed to "Be Nice") about the callus bstrd that had dropped them off. Kittens turned out fine and found new homes quickly. These weren;t feral kittens, they were tame and wanted to climb in your lap and rub/purr and be petted. At least the vet got a real nice pet carrier our of the deal since they never came back to claim it.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:45 am

Social media and trash (insert whatever word for the race fits, all races have their share) will be the downfall of America.
0 x

Luca Brasi
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Luca Brasi » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:45 pm

jedstivers wrote:Social media and trash (insert whatever word for the race fits, all races have their share) will be the downfall of America.

Right on!
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:42 am

jedstivers wrote:Social media and trash (insert whatever word for the race fits, all races have their share) will be the downfall of America.

"anonymous social media..."

There has always been social media--letter to the editor, newspaper and paper magazine opinion pieces, standing on the courthouse steps or village square stating your case or beliefs but the caveat in all those was ya had to give your real name--people saw your face or KNEW who you really were. Not so much on internet boards, fb, twatter, and whatever else is out there.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”