Churn

For the dairy folks and/or beef folks with questions about udders, milk and mastitis.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Churn

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:14 pm

kenny thomas wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:I would pay that per gallon if I could get raw milk.

Will any of the next generation even know what it is much less how to produce it. Very sad.

Very true and very sad
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue May 24, 2016 3:29 pm

Sky we have a few dairies over here that have permits to sell raw milk off the farm. Might check around and see if you have any dairies in the neighborhood and buy some if they are allowed to sell raw milk. Pretty pricey though but is "full strength" not got all the goodies removed from it.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:40 pm

TexasBred wrote:

Sky we have a few dairies over here that have permits to sell raw milk off the farm. Might check around and see if you have any dairies in the neighborhood and buy some if they are allowed to sell raw milk. Pretty pricey though but is "full strength" not got all the goodies removed from it.

We have one about 35 mins from me I will email them tonight and see what they say.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

frieghttrain
Rancher
Rancher

Postby frieghttrain » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:55 pm

We have a milk cow 1/2 Jersy 1/2 Holstein. We put the cream in a blender and that works ok we started out putting it in a quart jar and shaking it.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:13 am

frieghttrain wrote:We have a milk cow 1/2 Jersy 1/2 Holstein. We put the cream in a blender and that works ok we started out putting it in a quart jar and shaking it.

I bet you had some nice toned arms.
0 x

frieghttrain
Rancher
Rancher

Postby frieghttrain » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:15 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
frieghttrain wrote:We have a milk cow 1/2 Jersy 1/2 Holstein. We put the cream in a blender and that works ok we started out putting it in a quart jar and shaking it.

:lol: That we did.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:29 pm

frieghttrain wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:

:lol: That we did.

:lol: I found that when I had the blender on high making butter it didn't work out too well so I keep it on low and it works perfectly.
0 x

Return to “Got Milk?”