Bale Spear

Let us know who you are.
stringhill
Beginner
Beginner

Bale Spear

Postby stringhill » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:25 pm

I am posting here as a novice per instructions, but feel I need to be in the tractor and machinery category. I inherited a bale spear with Bush Hog plate attached, model BS201, Serial No. 3-01947 with quick attach application. The spread from center to center of the connection is 30 3/4". I am seeking to find the piece of equipment which fits this spear. In my searching I have found the Bush Hog BS201, but its spread from center to center is 43". I have also seen one labeled as a John Deere BS201 online that looks very similar, but am unable to find the distance between connections. I feel it is possible that someone previously may have altered this spear. However, if anyone has any informative leads as to the equipment that would fit this spear with the information I have provide, I will be grateful. If I am successful with my upload, I intend to attach pictures.

0 x

A.J.
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Bale Spear

Postby A.J. » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:42 pm

Sorry I can't be of help to you, but I'll try to bump your question back to the top for you.
0 x

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:32 am

Looks like it's been modified to fit a skid steer. But I'm not positive.
0 x
"You don't have to be a genius to be successful. Just surround yourself with smart people. And LISTEN to them" C.M.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:07 am

:welcome: Am I understanding, your seeking a tractor to fit your spear.?
It seems a odd strategy .a couple hours with a torch and welder it can ce made to fit any machine made.
Sorry that's all I can offer.
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:47 am

I may be mistaken, but I think it will fit this loader.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

stringhill
Beginner
Beginner

Postby stringhill » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:36 am

A.J. wrote:Sorry I can't be of help to you, but I'll try to bump your question back to the top for you.

Thanks.
0 x

stringhill
Beginner
Beginner

Postby stringhill » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:37 am

JMJ Farms wrote:Looks like it's been modified to fit a skid steer. But I'm not positive.

Thanks.
0 x

stringhill
Beginner
Beginner

Postby stringhill » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:47 am

callmefence wrote::welcome: Am I understanding, your seeking a tractor to fit your spear.?
It seems a odd strategy .a couple hours with a torch and welder it can ce made to fit any machine made.
Sorry that's all I can offer.

To clarify, "seeking" , yes. I have the spear and need to know what equipment it fits. I intend to sale it, but would like to advertize it correctly at that time. I inheirited it with a none matching tractor recently purchased as part of a deal. I thought some of you experts might recognize it and stear me in the correct direction. I agree with you about the welding, but I certain that it fits something as it is. Just beneath the safety roll bar on either side ~6"x2" opening are located for something to slide up into the frame and they are ~42" center to center. I thank you .
0 x

Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU

Postby Supa Dexta » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:17 am

I thought deere's quick mounts were like that, but I don't currently have any deere tractors and the ones I have had didnt have quick attaches. Seen here:

http://www.equipmentlocator.com/photos/ ... 3107-1.jpg

top cradles, and the little nubs at the botton snap behind those pins.
0 x

stringhill
Beginner
Beginner

Postby stringhill » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:07 pm

Supa Dexta wrote:I thought deere's quick mounts were like that, but I don't currently have any deere tractors and the ones I have had didnt have quick attaches. Seen here:

http://www.equipmentlocator.com/photos/ ... 3107-1.jpg

top cradles, and the little nubs at the botton snap behind those pins.

Thanks for he image.
0 x

Return to “Hi! I'm new here.”