cooking pork chops

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Re: cooking pork chops

Postby Rafter S » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:25 pm

Margonme wrote:
Rafter S wrote:
Margonme wrote:
I like tenderloin. Cooked and pulled. Made into a chili.

That might be good, but it ain't chili. If it's not beef or venison it's just soup. I suppose you put beans in it too?

Yes. I learned the recipe on Outdoors Montana. Out west, I could get Anasazi Beans. They are a variety of pinto.

I don't care if they come from Mars. Beans don't belong in chili. The only vegetables that do are tomatos, onions, garlic, and peppers. :banana:
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

Margonme
GURU
GURU

Postby Margonme » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:48 pm

Rafter S wrote:
Margonme wrote:
Rafter S wrote:
That might be good, but it ain't chili. If it's not beef or venison it's just soup. I suppose you put beans in it too?

Yes. I learned the recipe on Outdoors Montana. Out west, I could get Anasazi Beans. They are a variety of pinto.

I don't care if they come from Mars. Beans don't belong in chili. The only vegetables that do are tomatos, onions, garlic, and peppers. :banana:

I am obviously no chili expert. Does anyone put beans in chili?
0 x
Long Live the Prince.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Ron, I've never had chili without beans. Guess I'm no chili expert either.

I'm gonna go against the grain on the pork with Sky. I ain't eating it if it ain't done. But to each their own. And I love chicken, but I want it almost overcooked. Chicken is a nasty bird. Steak, I will eat as raw as it can be as long as it's warm.
0 x
"You don't have to be a genius to be successful. Just surround yourself with smart people. And LISTEN to them" C.M.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:23 pm

M-5 wrote:
HDRider wrote:
M-5 wrote:Since the steak thread keeps me hungry every day. My second favorite is a pork. I like pretty much Like any cut of chop but my favorite is a slice butt grilled to med rare.

I like pork too. Butt is hard to beat.

I always heard you were supposed fully cook pork.

urban legend -- how did folks eat meat before fire .

In the dark ,freezing their azz off..
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

NECowboy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby NECowboy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:35 pm

Try spaghetti sauce with half ground beef half ground pork it rocks. Adds a richness from ground pork meat. I guess I also put a little red wine in my spaghetti sauce too and drink the rest! ;-)
0 x
"So guess I'll stay right where I'm at, wear my boots and my cowboy hat...I gotta live my life and write my songs beneath these western skies" - Chris LeDoux, Western Skies

NECowboy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby NECowboy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:38 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Pork cooked well done is garbage and hardly worth feeding to the dogs. A thin chop fried quickly is hard to beat. And frying a thin chop is quick and easy, when you see blood turn the chop over count to 30 slowly and pull the chop out of the grease. Pork and venison need to be cooked in the same manner.

So grit do you have a recipe for a good southern fried pork chop? What kind of chops work best (loin, center cut etc)? Pound em thin? Egg wash, buttermilk, what do ya use?
0 x
"So guess I'll stay right where I'm at, wear my boots and my cowboy hat...I gotta live my life and write my songs beneath these western skies" - Chris LeDoux, Western Skies

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:40 pm

NECowboy wrote:Try spaghetti sauce with half ground beef half ground pork it rocks. Adds a richness from ground pork meat. I guess I also put a little red wine in my spaghetti sauce too and drink the rest! ;-)

and being from the South, a pinch of sugar doesn't hurt either...
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

NECowboy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby NECowboy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:40 pm

Alan wrote:Pork is another favorite go to. One of my favorite winter meals is 3/4" chop, breaded and fried in oil with mashed taters and country gravy. I will eat that until I'm in terrible pain.

Shocked Alan that you would eat anything other than Mexican food and ducks! :lol2:
0 x

NECowboy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby NECowboy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:43 pm

TN Cattle Man wrote:
NECowboy wrote:Try spaghetti sauce with half ground beef half ground pork it rocks. Adds a richness from ground pork meat. I guess I also put a little red wine in my spaghetti sauce too and drink the rest! ;-)

and being from the South, a pinch of sugar doesn't hurt either...

Yeah that wasn't a full recipe by all means but I like to balance out the acidity with brown sugar in mine.
0 x

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:52 pm

NECowboy wrote:
Alan wrote:Pork is another favorite go to. One of my favorite winter meals is 3/4" chop, breaded and fried in oil with mashed taters and country gravy. I will eat that until I'm in terrible pain.

Shocked Alan that you would eat anything other than Mexican food and ducks! :lol2:

Actually I'm spear heading a petition to make it illegal to hunt ducks in Oregon. But Huskies, beavers, Cougars, Wildcats, Bears are open game year around. Still trying to figure out what a sun devil is as well a tying to figure out why Cardinal is a color and not a bird to hunt. Oh and "Trojans" are illegal in this state and punishable with extended child support to the state.
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

ez14
GURU
GURU

Postby ez14 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:54 pm

Margonme wrote:
Rafter S wrote:
Margonme wrote:

im with jmj i've never had chili without beans (i thought it had to have beans to be chili)

me and one of my brothers ate a bunch of raw pork once by accident (i know how do you eat raw pork and not know? we were hungry i guess!) he got sick (nothing serious) but i was completely fine
0 x
with your shield or on it

NECowboy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby NECowboy » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:58 pm

Alan wrote:
NECowboy wrote:

Actually I'm spear heading a petition to make it illegal to hunt ducks in Oregon. But Huskies, beavers, Cougars, Wildcats, Bears are open game year around. Still trying to figure out what a sun devil is as well a tying to figure out why Cardinal is a color and not a bird to hunt. Oh and "Trojans" are illegal in this state and punishable with extended child support to the state.

Don't know half those teams sorry. I know Trojans is the university of spoiled children.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:45 am

NECowboy wrote:
True Grit Farms wrote:Pork cooked well done is garbage and hardly worth feeding to the dogs. A thin chop fried quickly is hard to beat. And frying a thin chop is quick and easy, when you see blood turn the chop over count to 30 slowly and pull the chop out of the grease. Pork and venison need to be cooked in the same manner.

So grit do you have a recipe for a good southern fried pork chop? What kind of chops work best (loin, center cut etc)? Pound em thin? Egg wash, buttermilk, what do ya use?

I'm not picky what ever is on sale is what we buy. I soak the chops in milk then just put in a bag with flour with a good dose of Tony Chachere's creole spices and pepper and shake it. Over cooking meat and seafood is most folks problem.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

NECowboy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby NECowboy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:50 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
NECowboy wrote:

I'm not picky what ever is on sale is what we buy. I soak the chops in milk then just put in a bag with flour with a good dose of Tony Chachere's creole spices and pepper and shake it. Over cooking meat and seafood is most folks problem.

I like this stuff. Sounds awesome. Next time you make post a pic. Thanks grit.

0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:55 am

ez14 wrote:
Margonme wrote:
Rafter S wrote:

im with jmj i've never had chili without beans (i thought it had to have beans to be chili)

me and one of my brothers ate a bunch of raw pork once by accident (i know how do you eat raw pork and not know? we were hungry i guess!) he got sick (nothing serious) but i was completely fine

Rafters right . in fact I think it's against the law to call it chili once you put beans in it . you can call it chili with beans but not just chili. Not a serious crime just a ticket I think... ;-)
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”