Garden 2016

From the latest tomato tips to sweetcorn calamities, share your experiences in the garden.
CottageFarm
-

Re: Garden 2016

Postby CottageFarm » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:30 pm

Craig Miller wrote:
Cross-7 wrote:I had a tomato plant that turned brown, leaves curled up but parts were still producing
It's been a 100 plus everyday for weeks so I thought it wasn't getting enough water so I really watered well, but it died anyway.

Now the rest are beginning to do the same
Any idea what's wrong ?

Mine are browning too. I just figured it was the heat. A guy at church said he thought it was a fungus of some kind.

Yup, disease. Most likely early or late blight, but there are many diseases that attack tomatoes.
They can be kinda fussy about conditions. They don't like cold soil. They don't like soggy soil. Blossoms will not set fruit if temps drop below about 55 degrees or above about 93 degrees. They don't like high humidity, but they like some occassional moisture on leaves. Consistent soil moisture is all important. They are heavy feeders, but too much nitrogen during fruiting season will depress fruit growth and productivity in favor of lush vine growth.
0 x
Discontent is the want of self-reliance. Ralph Waldo Emerson
"He that lives upon CF's CFS alone, will die fasting" :lol2: Ouachita

Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU

Re: Garden 2016

Postby Supa Dexta » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:58 pm

Tomatoes are fussy about inconsistent water.. Drying out and then being soaked, back and forth messes them up.
0 x

Return to “Gardening”