Daily Inspiration!

A friendly place for chat, rumors, gossip and jokes.
TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Re: Daily Inspiration!

Postby TN Cattle Man » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:58 am

God is so good. Just in this one verse He gives us four things that He will do for us, four titles that we can call Him and we can completely depend on Him to honor His word. He will be:
1. Our guide
2. Our teacher
3. Our advisor/counselor
4. Our protector
But, He won't force it on you...you must ask and accept Him. There are not many (if any) sure things in this world, but God is a sure thing. He is constant, consistent, loving, grace-giving, kind...and I could go on and on. Embrace Him today!

Psalms 32:8
I will guide you and teach you the way you should go.I will give you good advice and watch over you.
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:01 am

Amen.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Williamsv
GURU
GURU

Postby Williamsv » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:39 pm

Amen! Amen! I do not think I could have made it this past week without strength from The Lord. He is so good to pick us up when we fall and carry us on through our trials. He is always with us ready to help us and supply our every need.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:20 am

Let's look at some verses that address the subject of fear this week. We have become very fearful in our world. There is so much evil going on, it is hard not to be fearful some days. But, fear can paralyze and can keep you from enjoying life. The verse below is my favorite on fear. This is from God to Joshua, who had plenty to be afraid of. But God says, be strong and have courage and don't be afraid or discouraged! Why? Because I (God) will be with you where ever you go! He is with us! Regardless of what happens, He is there! And notice the first five words, "Have I not commanded you?" So, this isn't a suggestion. It is a commandment! Trust Him with your fear. He is more than capable to help you and to conquer your fear!

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:47 pm

What does the Bible say about fear? This verse says, don't do it! Don't be fearful because God Almighty has redeemed you. The word redeemed implies that He has bought you back. He has paid a price for you and for me. That price was His only Son, Jesus. I love the next line...he doesn't just say "hey you"... He calls you by name because He KNOWS your name!!! He is not an impersonal god. He is the God of the entire universe yet desires intimacy with every single person that He creates. And those last three words are killer...YOU ARE MINE. I am His. I belong to Him. And because of that, there is no need to fear.

Isaiah 43:1
But now, this is what the Lord says—he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel:“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:31 pm

Day three- what does the Bible say about fear? This chapter of Psalm was written by David...the man who eventually became King David. Before he took the proverbial throne he was chased, pursued by those who wanted him dead, and he hid out a lot in caves and in the wilderness. He had every reason to be afraid. But, he wasn't and he gives credit where credit is due. He called out to the Lord and the Lord answered him AND delivered him from fear. Maybe that's the answer to any fear in your life...call out to the Lord. Give your fear to Him. And then let it go...let Him have it. And don't pick it back up. Leave it on His throne. Trust Him. He won't let you down.

Psalms 34:4
I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
0 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:11 pm

Please do not discuss politics or religion on these Boards. You won't change anybody's mind, you'll just make them mad.

One of the rules for using this forum.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:52 pm

hurleyjd wrote:Please do not discuss politics or religion on these Boards. You won't change anybody's mind, you'll just make them mad.

Threads been running for 2 and 1/2 years.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:24 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
hurleyjd wrote:Please do not discuss politics or religion on these Boards. You won't change anybody's mind, you'll just make them mad.

Threads been running for 2 and 1/2 years.

Just a friendly tip, if you don't like it or it only makes you mad, don't read it. But please don't mess it up for the ones of us that do want to read it. TN Cattle Man puts a lot of time and thought into his posts and I thank him for his dedication.
0 x
"You don't have to be a genius to be successful. Just surround yourself with smart people. And LISTEN to them" C.M.

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:45 pm

If you don't like this thread, please just do not open it... It has been running for over 2 years and has over 19,000 views. Somebody likes it!
0 x

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:01 pm

And I might also add that I am not out to change anyone's mind... their heart maybe. If you only knew how many people this thread has helped... how many people that I have discussed things over the phone with and in person resulting from this thread. It's all good! Like others have stated, please just don't read it if you don't want to, but don't bash something that could possibly help someone else. What's the harm in that?
0 x

Williamsv
GURU
GURU

Postby Williamsv » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:43 pm

I always look forward to your writings and get a blessing from them. Thank you for spending time to prepare them and sharing with the ones who want to read them. I hope you will continue.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:50 pm

The prophet Isiah plainly tells us, that the day would come, when evil is viewed as good, and good is perceived to be evil.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

CottageFarm
-

Postby CottageFarm » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:47 am

Please leave this thread alone, Hurley. Just this one little thread!
I don't understand why it irks you so.... to allow others to find comfort here, but many of us here do look forward to TNCs and others posts of inspiration. There is no reason to drag this thread into oblivion.
0 x
Discontent is the want of self-reliance. Ralph Waldo Emerson
"He that lives upon CF's CFS alone, will die fasting" :lol2: Ouachita

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:19 am

Bigfoot wrote:The prophet Isiah plainly tells us, that the day would come, when evil is viewed as good, and good is perceived to be evil.

A sign of the times I'd say.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Return to “Coffee Shop”