New Here

Let us know who you are.
Fryguy822005
Beginner
Beginner

New Here

Postby Fryguy822005 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:20 pm

Hello names Chris. Married 23 yr old,lives in Northern Kentucky. I currently work as a production line welder. I don't have any really experience in raising cattle or anything farming. Besides having some horse growing up and a cow or pig we would just slaughter to feed family.

Over the last few weeks I have been talking to some old timers that used to be in the cattle bussiness. well the more and more I learn about it the more I wanna get into it.

So right now this is just serious talk between me and my wife. Basically here to see if this is something I want todo or if we can even do it. We got no land or anything yet. We're young and don't wanna just jump into it with no plan.

My goal in doing this isn't to quit my day job, but to bring in some extra money every year and do it when I'm retired for extra income.

So I'm here to learn and get advice. All the way from start up to managing herd and and financial advice.

It'll be great to talk and learn from all of you.
0 x

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Re: New Here

Postby kenny thomas » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:11 pm

Where in Northern KY. Lots of people on here from KY so maybe for a little free work u can have a teacher.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

Fryguy822005
Beginner
Beginner

Postby Fryguy822005 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:51 am

Well technically I live with my in laws in Cincinnati Ohio. In the process of looking and buying a house. But I'm somewhat familiar with Williamstown KY up to Cincinnati.
0 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:11 pm

The best advice I can give you is to get some experience helping someone else (that knows what they're doing) with their cattle before getting some of your own, and get in slow (with your own money, not the bank's).
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:17 pm

Fryguy822005 wrote:Well technically I live with my in laws in Cincinnati Ohio. In the process of looking and buying a house. But I'm somewhat familiar with Williamstown KY up to Cincinnati.

Can't say who is near but I know there are some members near u. Stay here, ask questions, make friends. If it happens u will know more than u do now
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

Return to “Hi! I'm new here.”