cooking pork chops

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
SmokinM
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: cooking pork chops

Postby SmokinM » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:51 pm

Grill them on one side, flip them and coat with apple butter, when almost done melt pepper jack cheese on top. They are fantastic and you can cook them to your desired doneness! Not pork but basting bacon wrapped scallops with apple butter when you grill them is also great!
0 x

j_20
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby j_20 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:47 am

SmokinM wrote:Grill them on one side, flip them and coat with apple butter, when almost done melt pepper jack cheese on top. They are fantastic and you can cook them to your desired doneness! Not pork but basting bacon wrapped scallops with apple butter when you grill them is also great!

SmokinM I do something very similar I coat both sides with apple butter wrap in foil throw on medium heat for about 5 to 6 minutes the pull from foil and give a quick sear to each side. Thought I was the only one with this idea haha
0 x

SmokinM
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby SmokinM » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:20 pm

They are pretty darn good that way. Also like them with a spicy mango chutney. Pork is perfect for a little sweet heat.
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:39 am

SmokinM wrote:They are pretty darn good that way. Also like them with a spicy mango chutney. Pork is perfect for a little sweet heat.

Those both sound interesting will have to try it.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”