dog is digging his way to china

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

dog is digging his way to china

Postby dieselbeef » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:39 pm

everyday I get home from work there is holes all over the yard. not little holes....holes 2 feet across and a foot deep..leg breaking knee bending the wrong way in the dark kinda holes.
so I have taken to keepin him in the garage except when we are home..he was out last night for a cpl hrs and dug a hole next to the ac unit .
everyday gage gets home from school and spends an hr raking in holes..grass is gone...yard looks like a mass of bullholes we filled in

im over it..gage wont let me get rid of him and I hate him locked in the garage for 20 hrs a day..hes out an hr before work and maybe 2 after we get home
at least he hasn't destroyed anything in the garage yet

the dang dog is loose all day..he has 5 acres to run..i keep him home with an electric shock collar and a wire on the btm of the fence..radio fence and collar..he don't get by it

idk what to do cept keep him locked up and as soon as ruins something in the garage then im gonna crate him 20 hrs a day...

so wtf do I do bout this dang gopher disguised as a dog
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Re: dog is digging his way to china

Postby Nesikep » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:47 pm

that's a tough question.. perhaps Gage can "supervise" him on his time out of the crate?
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

midTN_Brangusman
Rancher
Rancher

Postby midTN_Brangusman » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:53 pm

He's digging moles, my Texas heeler is 6 months old and natural born mole killer.
0 x
Backward B Ranch
Registered Brangus Cattle

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:56 pm

Nesikep wrote:that's a tough question.. perhaps Gage can "supervise" him on his time out of the crate?

X2
He even looks like he's about to dig a hole.
"Supervise "the he'll outta him.
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:59 pm

dieselbeef wrote:everyday I get home from work there is holes all over the yard. not little holes....holes 2 feet across and a foot deep..leg breaking knee bending the wrong way in the dark kinda holes.
so I have taken to keepin him in the garage except when we are home..he was out last night for a cpl hrs and dug a hole next to the ac unit .
everyday gage gets home from school and spends an hr raking in holes..grass is gone...yard looks like a mass of bullholes we filled in

im over it..gage wont let me get rid of him and I hate him locked in the garage for 20 hrs a day..hes out an hr before work and maybe 2 after we get home
at least he hasn't destroyed anything in the garage yet

the dang dog is loose all day..he has 5 acres to run..i keep him home with an electric shock collar and a wire on the btm of the fence..radio fence and collar..he don't get by it

idk what to do cept keep him locked up and as soon as ruins something in the garage then im gonna crate him 20 hrs a day...

so wtf do I do bout this dang gopher disguised as a dog

Get a remote shock collar and just sit and wait while your home and turn it up on 6 and fry his @$$ by repeatedly hitting the button. That is how I break my hunting dogs and a yard dog we had that kept jumping on folks. If you really want them to get the point wet them before putting the collar on or let them stand in a puddle. I hear that works well ;-) :cowboy:
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Take off his collar, shoot him and let gage know he slipped his collar and ran away. :( :( :(
BUT she can help pick out the new puppy. :D
0 x

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Postby 1982vett » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:01 pm

Got to make him a "jail". when our son got married our crew grew to 5 people and 6 dogs. An unruly, noises, and fussy bunch when you put them all together. I put my foot down and said no dogs in the house when they are all here. Before they got married I turned a 16 x 20 shed into 3 escape proof kennels. Even have half of it heated and coole to pacify the pet pampered. To stop the digging out I put down a cattle panel. Used 4x4 goat panels on stud walls between "cells" and on the gates. The ain't getting out unless someone lets them out.
0 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

bird dog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby bird dog » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:42 pm

There are to many good dogs that are euthanized to put up with that. Take him to the pound and trading for something else.

It took me three trips before I found my last pup. The humane society people were very nice and told me to bring'em back if they don't work out. We always have more to choose from.
0 x

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:14 am

i have taken to surrounding the house with field fence. it keeps him 5-6 ft from the house anyways. idk what we're gonna do. lockin him in the garage 20 hrs a day aint the answer....

weve had em 5 yrs and he aint never been like this....he has gotten waaaay worse since angel passed in oct...but we were home even less then when she was in the hosp all the time

cant shoot em..gage would know

shock collars no good..he don't do it when we are home..never seen him dig..rarely

hes not burying bones..he aint digging moles..he does chase squireels up the tree and destroy everything planted underneath it

I mean im not looking for a golf course..we live on a ranch...I drive tracotrs on the grass..if it don't grow I don't water or fertilize it but dangit..theyre worse than bullholes

the biggest problem is Gage will put up with whatever. he don't care bout fixin the holes..now I make him stay outside with the dog whenever hes out loose...hopefully he will get sick of it and look for a new home for the pos dog
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

tater74
Rancher
Rancher

Postby tater74 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:02 am

You might try a companion dog. Maybe the dog is lonely and bored.
0 x
Nobody gets something for nothing unless somebody got nothing for something

"the cows are where your at,the bull is the direction your going...." ALACOWMAN

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:12 am

Lost his dam mind???

I'm wondering if cutting his nails real short might slow him down.
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:27 am

give the dog something to do , Ball , swimming , running , Hes bored and penning him is making it worse
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:23 am

i know stupid is bored.....but what to do..he chases squirrels..cows...runs up and down the haybales..I thought about another dog but idk if then ill twice the holes
0 x
einstein

holm25
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby holm25 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:17 pm

Toss him in front of a car... :roll: :lol: Or hit
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:13 pm

0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”