Alabama folks, I got a ?

Discuss upcoming sales and sale results.
Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Re: Alabama folks, I got a ?

Postby Craig Miller » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:00 pm

I have never been there but several buddies swear by it. About an hour and a half from me.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:06 pm

Craig Miller wrote:I have never been there but several buddies swear by it. About an hour and a half from me.

Owner and auctioneer were both nice guys. Found me after the sale, and shook hands. Took almost exactly 3 hours from here. I'd go more often it wasn't for driving through Nashville. White knuckled the whole way, and a half dozen close calls.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

RanchMan90
GURU
GURU

Postby RanchMan90 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:20 pm

I watch it on dv auctions sometimes. When I get the nerve to buy a pot load at one time I want to try some Eastern cattle.
0 x
The secret to getting ahead is getting started ~ Mark Twain

kd4au
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby kd4au » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Bigfoot wrote:Not many of yaw on here, so this may be a long shot. I've got a gooseneck load of steers, with a sprinkling of heifers to haul off. I'd like to take them down your way. I've got a few yards picked out. I obviously know nothing about them. I have checked the miles to them, and their weekly sales reports. If these yards have 1000 head runs, what percentage of the feeder calves will have some ear (25% or less Brahman), and how bad is the discount?
I can hit the following pretty easy from my house:
1000 head reports
Arab
Florence
Cullman
500 head reports
Decatur
Russellville

I just ran across this post, so sorry it's late to the party. I sell my calves in the Tennessee Beef Alliance with the Tennessee Livestock Producers. They have 4 sales a year now Aug. Oct. Dec. and April. We haul the calves to Columbia and Cookeville Tn. and they grade and sort them into truck load lots. If you live in south Kentucky(that's not as far as Alabama)and are interested, I can give you some contact numbers to call or I can try to answer any questions you might have.
0 x

Return to “Cattle Sales”