Dog vs. Beaver

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Re: Dog vs. Beaver

Postby TCRanch » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:39 pm

Thanks for the info, Boot Jack. May be a good idea for both dogs as a regular supplement.
0 x

reeler
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby reeler » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:44 am

Boot Jack Bulls wrote:TC, yogurt really does work. When I was a kid, I bought a QH mare off the track for a barrel horse. Her guts (and brain) were fried. She had extensive blood work done, just to find out she needed probiotics on a regular basis. Vet recommended yogurt since it was a cheap, but effective fix. She loved french vanilla yogurt (Dannon) and would eat a big tub full in the blink of an eye! Now, anytime one of my dogs gets an oral med, they get some yogurt as insurance.

X2 on the yogurt. Wal-Mart actually makes a vanilla yogurt that's slightly cheaper than Dannon, & my dogs loves it too. Obie update?
0 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:29 am

reeler wrote:
Boot Jack Bulls wrote:TC, yogurt really does work. When I was a kid, I bought a QH mare off the track for a barrel horse. Her guts (and brain) were fried. She had extensive blood work done, just to find out she needed probiotics on a regular basis. Vet recommended yogurt since it was a cheap, but effective fix. She loved french vanilla yogurt (Dannon) and would eat a big tub full in the blink of an eye! Now, anytime one of my dogs gets an oral med, they get some yogurt as insurance.

X2 on the yogurt. Wal-Mart actually makes a vanilla yogurt that's slightly cheaper than Dannon, & my dogs loves it too. Obie update?

Doing great and the wounds are healing, haven't lost a staple yet but they itch and it's hard to keep him from scratching. Going into town tomorrow and have yogurt on my list :)
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:16 am

Rub anti itch cream on it
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:56 pm

M-5 wrote:Rub anti itch cream on it

I've been alternating between Benadryl cream and Vetericyn hot-spot spray. Can't tell if the wounds actually itch or if the staples are just annoying. 8 more days . . . .
0 x

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”