Farrier income

All about horses.
Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Farrier income

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:41 am

Bigfoot wrote:Excellent training program:

That sounds about right. While I was in shoeing school, there was a stripper from Michigan that came to take the two week shoeing for dummies course. I was in charge of keeping an eye on her while she worked on her test horse. I was shoeing a draft horse in the stocks right next to her, and she kept getting a front foot out too far to keep her horse comfortable. I had advised her several times, but she was having none of it. The horse rared, the stripper lady fell over on my stocks, the horse came down on her femur. It was pretty dang bad, but I got her drug out and loaded on the ambulance. I finished her horse without so much as a wiggle. The way the farrier education system is set up to crank dummies out every two weeks contributes to the problem of less than responsible horse shoers. I still say that the main trouble is that nobody wants to work like that anymore.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

MRRherefords
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby MRRherefords » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:25 am

Our farrier just raised the prices for everything. She said that equipment cost has risen.
0 x

Canadianfarmer
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Canadianfarmer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:46 am

I am a full time farrier six days a week plus I hold the contracts for two race tracks and we still raise cattle on top to make ends meet ! The reason there isn't more .. here we go
0 x

Canadianfarmer
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Canadianfarmer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:50 am

Clients that rnt ready for there appt ( horses they can't catch or r coverd in mud or so on ) then u have the il mannerd kicking biting or striking with owners that say it's cute but don't have a clue how to Correct it or thinks there just playing !
0 x

Canadianfarmer
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Canadianfarmer » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:53 am

And then the next client is mad when we're running late from bad behaved horses or extra horses or clients running late . But yup it's my fault lol
0 x

Return to “Horse Talk!”