Timber Rattler

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Re: Timber Rattler

Postby wacocowboy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:36 pm

Rafter S wrote:That show is one of my favorites too (along with Forged in Fire), but I haven't seen that episode and didn't know they were considered endangered.

Last night they aired the last two episodes of the season it was on one of the 9 or 10.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:37 pm

wacocowboy wrote:
SteppedInIt wrote:
TexasBred wrote:Yep...here in Texas the deer belong to the state.............until you hit one with your car then you can't find the owner.

Funny how that works

When my wife hit one not only did the state not cover the damage their deer did DPS sent a letter saying my wife got points added to her driving record. So many point and you lose your license and have to pay to get it back.

YGBSM!
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:25 pm

dun wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:
SteppedInIt wrote:Funny how that works

When my wife hit one not only did the state not cover the damage their deer did DPS sent a letter saying my wife got points added to her driving record. So many point and you lose your license and have to pay to get it back.

YGBSM!

What the heck is YGBSM!? Sorry I am not up to date with all you youngsters and your text language lol.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

SteppedInIt
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby SteppedInIt » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:58 pm

wacocowboy wrote:
dun wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:

YGBSM!

What the heck is YGBSM!? Sorry I am not up to date with all you youngsters and your text language lol.

Think it's 'you gotta be sh!ttn me' :lol2:
0 x
"When the People fear their government there is tyranny, when government fears the people there is liberty" - Thomas Jefferson

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:26 pm

SteppedInIt wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:
dun wrote:YGBSM!

Think it's 'you gotta be sh!ttn me' :lol2:

Lol yep I think you are correct or so a lil birdie told me. And NIANSY ( nope I am not sh!ttn you) lol.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:50 pm

yup you guessed it
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:34 am

wacocowboy wrote:
dun wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:

YGBSM!

Do you realize that you just called Dun a "youngster"? Not saying that he is old but he was here when dirt was invented.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Dave wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:
dun wrote:YGBSM!

Do you realize that you just called Dun a "youngster"? Not saying that he is old but he was here when dirt was invented.

Been a LOOONG time since I was called that.
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:44 pm

dun wrote:
Dave wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:

Lol Dun is plenty young.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:17 pm

wacocowboy wrote:
dun wrote:
Dave wrote:

Lol Dun is plenty young.

Compared to CB that's a fact!
0 x

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:38 pm

dun wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:
dun wrote:Been a LOOONG time since I was called that.

Lol Dun is plenty young.

Compared to CB that's a fact!

Lol so CB is good at hunting hogs cause he got experience hunting dinosaurs
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:55 pm

wacocowboy wrote:So was watching Lone Star Law on Animal Planet (Love that show) I saw a kid get a ticket for killing a timber rattler had to pay a 300 dollar fine and 700 in restitution. Dang 1000 for killing a snake. If you going to kill one don't post on Facebook that was that kids mistake.

The timber rattlesnake is considered extinct in Maine and Rhode Island. In the states of Vermont, Ohio, Indiana, New Hampshire, Virginia and Massachusetts, the timber rattlesnake is endangered. The timber rattlesnake is widely distributed over the southeastern United States, as far north as Maine and as far west as Texas, nevertheless, it has been extripated over much of its range. Looking back to 1972 to 1974 when I was collecting snakes, it was extremely rare to find abundant populations of timber rattlesnakes in Kentucky. Personally, I favor protection of timber rattlesnakes regardless of how unpopular that position might be.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:55 am

Bright Raven wrote:
wacocowboy wrote:So was watching Lone Star Law on Animal Planet (Love that show) I saw a kid get a ticket for killing a timber rattler had to pay a 300 dollar fine and 700 in restitution. Dang 1000 for killing a snake. If you going to kill one don't post on Facebook that was that kids mistake.

The timber rattlesnake is considered extinct in Maine and Rhode Island. In the states of Vermont, Ohio, Indiana, New Hampshire, Virginia and Massachusetts, the timber rattlesnake is endangered. The timber rattlesnake is widely distributed over the southeastern United States, as far north as Maine and as far west as Texas, nevertheless, it has been extripated over much of its range. Looking back to 1972 to 1974 when I was collecting snakes, it was extremely rare to find abundant populations of timber rattlesnakes in Kentucky. Personally, I favor protection of timber rattlesnakes regardless of how unpopular that position might be.

I favor the extinction of all snakes.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:12 am

Bright Raven wrote:

Good post, BR.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:34 am

Bright Raven wrote:

Yeah I didn't know they were endangered or anything until I saw it on that show the other night.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”