A Great 14 Years

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
FlyingLSimmentals
GURU
GURU

A Great 14 Years

Postby FlyingLSimmentals » Thu May 11, 2017 7:37 am

Boone my old border collie expired last night. Didn't work cows much but a terrific smart pet for 14 yrs. gonna miss his nose nudges, hand shakes, and watching the wind blow through that long hair riding in the truck. He loved to referee the bull fights in his youth, was really fun watching. Sure is easy to get attached to one. Dave is going to get some extra attention and love today, probably more than he wants.
0 x

CaddoFarms
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: A Great 14 Years

Postby CaddoFarms » Thu May 11, 2017 7:55 am

Sorry to hear that, its never fun losing a good trusted dog. But at least it sounds like he had a long good life. Hopefully Dave will as well
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Thu May 11, 2017 8:08 am

Nice touch.
0 x

talltimber
GURU
GURU

Postby talltimber » Thu May 11, 2017 12:21 pm

Post of pic of the old son, in tribute.

I'm bad about getting attached to them as well. No shame in that I don't think. And to be nice with it if there is.
0 x
If you cross the river before, leave a good horse on this side.

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Thu May 11, 2017 3:56 pm

14 years is definitely great so you have been blessed. Sorry for your loss.
0 x

FlyingLSimmentals
GURU
GURU

Postby FlyingLSimmentals » Sat May 13, 2017 1:47 pm

Caught myself glancing at a few pups on the net. I usually keep 2 dogs around, where one can have a bit of company when no one is around. I'm pretty well content with Dave at the moment he's a go getter. I'll get another probably when my eye glances on the right one. Dad wants me to get a Beagle where he can have a rabbit dog, :lol2: . Probably gonna be a Heeler or a Aussie though.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sat May 13, 2017 4:27 pm

Always hard losing a buddy. Sorry.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Fire Sweep Ranch
GURU
GURU

Postby Fire Sweep Ranch » Sat May 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Ever own a Corgi? Great companion dogs! And they work cattle too! We are going to have a litter in about 6 weeks... Ask Bright Raven, he has two of ours!
0 x
God, family, and Simmental cattle; that's what makes life worth living!

FlyingLSimmentals
GURU
GURU

Postby FlyingLSimmentals » Sat May 13, 2017 9:22 pm

Fire Sweep I have thought about you and your Corgi's. No I've never owned one. Yeah, I know Ron really loves his. I'll keep you in mind. At the moment not sure if Dave or me are ready for an addition.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon May 15, 2017 1:26 pm

FlyingLSimmentals wrote:Fire Sweep I have thought about you and your Corgi's. No I've never owned one. Yeah, I know Ron really loves his. I'll keep you in mind. At the moment not sure if Dave or me are ready for an addition.

I'm an old phart but don't think I've ever lost a dog that I didn't cry like a little boy. Just get way to close to them. I would encourage you to get you another one as quickly as possible though. Somewhere there's one just waiting to win your heart. ;-)
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

warped04
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby warped04 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:52 pm

Sorry for you loss, that sucks.
0 x

MRRherefords
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby MRRherefords » Tue May 16, 2017 8:43 am

Border Collies are great dogs. They are so smart. We have an 8 year old now and he loves working cattle. They are GREAT dogs. So sorry for your loss.
0 x

FlyingLSimmentals
GURU
GURU

Postby FlyingLSimmentals » Tue May 16, 2017 9:21 am

My Border's were somewhat timid around the cattle. But they were really smart, loyal and great pets. I'll still consider another border. I'm thinking about a Red Heeler or another Australian Cattle Dog/Shep. like Dave mostly. But are considering other dogs for different reasons. Considerations are Heelers red and blue, Australian Shepherds/cattle dog, Collies the Borders and the Lassie type, Corgi but the legs are short for my liking, Labs, German Shepherd, and yes a Beagle, Dad :D . Yeah one day I'll see one that I just have to have and I'll grab my wallet and keys and go get it like I did with Dave.
Thanks for the Condolences Everyone. Dave is really enjoying everyone's full attention now that he has Flying L to himself as Canine Boss.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue May 16, 2017 2:42 pm

FlyingLSimmentals wrote:My Border's were somewhat timid around the cattle. But they were really smart, loyal and great pets. I'll still consider another border. I'm thinking about a Red Heeler or another Australian Cattle Dog/Shep. like Dave mostly. But are considering other dogs for different reasons. Considerations are Heelers red and blue, Australian Shepherds/cattle dog, Collies the Borders and the Lassie type, Corgi but the legs are short for my liking, Labs, German Shepherd, and yes a Beagle, Dad :D . Yeah one day I'll see one that I just have to have and I'll grab my wallet and keys and go get it like I did with Dave.
Thanks for the Condolences Everyone. Dave is really enjoying everyone's full attention now that he has Flying L to himself as Canine Boss.

Give the Australian Shepherds a good long look. Great dogs.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Tue May 16, 2017 3:00 pm

Here's our new puppy, he showed up last week and is still in training. If he makes it through basic he's off to the vet's to become a heshe. He's hard headed so he'll fit right in.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”