A Great 14 Years

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Re: A Great 14 Years

Postby Jogeephus » Mon May 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Sorry for your loss Flying. My buddy is getting older and I really dread the day when I no longer have him by my side.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Postby 1982vett » Mon May 22, 2017 6:59 pm

Yep....it's hard. Gretchen is close to 13. Poor thing seems not to understand why she can't jump into the truck like she used to. If you try, you can sneak up on her. Hearing is failing and I think eyesight is too but she is always ready to go.
0 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

Dogs and Cows
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Dogs and Cows » Wed May 24, 2017 10:21 am

Sorry for your loss! We lost our 12 year old lab a few weeks ago to cancer. It hit quick and was over before we really knew what was going on. Very hard on the family. It was my sons dog. My dog is a stray beagle that showed up 2 years ago. She is fantastic. She does everything with me, and I get a kick out of watching her trail rabbits. Don't even wanna think about when her time comes...best of luck in your search for a replacement.

Tim
0 x

FlyingLSimmentals
GURU
GURU

Postby FlyingLSimmentals » Wed May 24, 2017 12:29 pm

1982vett, I know they got the heart and desire to go but are limited physically because of their age. That's what Boone was doing wanting to go with Dave and I to check on the cows. The front tire ended up bumping him and he became paralyzed from the hip back with nerve damage that eventually did him in.
Sorry for your all's loss Tim. Lab's are energetic fun dogs and a beagle that hunts rabbits is pretty awesome too. At the moment I'm content with just Dave but I'll add another sooner than later. He truly is man's best friend.
0 x

Lucky_P
GURU
GURU

Postby Lucky_P » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:14 am

Grit... is that a Catahoula, or just a merle mutt?
Been thinking about what we'll need to replace the current farmstead dogs that are now 15 and 10 and on the downhill slide... I'd like to have another Catahoula, and the bride would like a good Border Collie. Haven't had a dog in 30 years that was any count working stock, but it would be handy to have one.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:28 am

Lucky_P wrote:Grit... is that a Catahoula, or just a merle mutt?
Been thinking about what we'll need to replace the current farmstead dogs that are now 15 and 10 and on the downhill slide... I'd like to have another Catahoula, and the bride would like a good Border Collie. Haven't had a dog in 30 years that was any count working stock, but it would be handy to have one.

He's just a mutt that showed up and survived a bull dog hazing.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

ClinchValley
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ClinchValley » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:14 am

Sorry for your loss. The oldest of my three is 4-5 years old. I dread the day.

Them bull dog hazings are something to watch. They musta liked him.
0 x
I am forever in the pursuit of more knowledge and wisdom. For I will always be "green."

JSCATTLE
GURU
GURU

Postby JSCATTLE » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:39 am

Sorry you lost your buddy. I habe a 15 year old lab . He's going down hill fast . We have a border collie and she's the smartest dog I've ever owned. I had two big catahoulas but they kept jumping on the lab so I gave them away. It's gonna be tough to lose the old lab he's been loyal since day 1.
0 x
God bless America .. 1/20/17 ..

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”