Eggs

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
JSCATTLE
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2256
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:37 pm
Location: S.E TEXAS

Re: Eggs

Postby JSCATTLE » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:27 pm

Looks like you need to make some chicken and dumplings
0 x
God bless America .. 1/20/17 ..

User avatar
farmerjan
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1295
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:54 pm
Location: Shenandoah ValleyVirginia

Re: Eggs

Postby farmerjan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:38 pm

hurleyjd wrote:pickle some of them


Didn't think of that GREAT IDEA.... :) :)
0 x

User avatar
3LEGGED1
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 117
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Eggs

Postby 3LEGGED1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:47 pm

Sky, all them eggs , four large onions,two pounds of cheese. Then, Me and you, ready to turn the deer dogs loose.you hear em , I can
0 x

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 17739
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA

Re: Eggs

Postby skyhightree1 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:36 pm

HDRider wrote:You don't have any cheese? Say it ain't so.

Did your doctor restrict your diet?


Yes it was a sad day but its all better and loaded with cheese now - side note ive always been on restricted diet by my Dr.

Caustic Burno wrote:Cheaper to buy eggs and sleep better
I wore out a model 12 keeping critters from turning the Mrs chickens into turds. Lost a lot of sleep as well.


True but my family loves them my son told me he doesn't want to play foot ball anymore he wants to be a chicken farmer :shock: The chickens don 't have predators because there in my back yard beside the kids and wifes dogs.

Alan wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:Cheaper to buy eggs and sleep better
I wore out a model 12 keeping critters from turning the Mrs chickens into turds. Lost a lot of sleep as well.


You got that right, we have a few chickens now and have had for many years. All are in molt now haven't seen a egg in a few weeks. Just a guess, but maybe $4 to $5 per dozen, no eggs now so I bought 18 at the store for .99 with a coupon. Will keep chickens though :?


same here ;-)

slick4591 wrote:I love my chickens more than the eggs they produce. I hatch my own and raise them to almost laying age then sell them. These young city gals with backyard flocks will pay some really good money for pretty chickens.


I will do that next spring cause they pass ordinances where cities around can have chickens just no roosters

hurleyjd wrote:pickle some of them


Great idea

M-5 wrote:Or throw them at hrc signs


I respect my eggs more than do that.. Maybe doggy doo is fitting there

JSCATTLE wrote:Looks like you need to make some chicken and dumplings


:mad: :shock: :shock: I hate chicken and dumplings

3LEGGED1 wrote:Sky, all them eggs , four large onions,two pounds of cheese. Then, Me and you, ready to turn the deer dogs loose.you hear em , I can


I stopped running them this week so it doesn't make the deer all nervious since black powder is coming first week of November. If you were here that wouldn't be nothing but a word I will collar them up and drop the tailgate anytime.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
Anastacia Rumsey
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:25 am

Re: Eggs

Postby Anastacia Rumsey » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:32 am

Today I did egg baskets. You need baskets for muffins, bacon and eggs. Fold the thin slices of bacon in the basket, break the egg into the middle of the basket and bake it in an oven.
0 x

User avatar
Jason_F
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:52 am
Location: UK

Re: Eggs

Postby Jason_F » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:31 am

Make a bacon and cheese quiche pie! I love it, contains many eggs (5) and cheese.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4260
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 am
Location: NE Texas

Re: Eggs

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:41 am

I've been getting lots of eggs too and have been testing ways to preserve them for the times the chickens arent laying.
I bought a silicone ice tray and have been freezing the eggs for cooking and scrambled eggs... I pop them out of the ice tray and stick in a Ziploc bag. When I need an egg, I just grab what I need. I've also made a ton of breakfast burritos, they freeze great..I made some cooked eggs for egg Mc Muffins, stacked with wax paper between in a Ziploc and stored in freezer ready to add to a English muffin.. I've given away a ton of eggs too.
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28278
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Eggs

Postby TexasBred » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:35 am

cowgirl8 wrote:I've been getting lots of eggs too and have been testing ways to preserve them for the times the chickens arent laying.
I bought a silicone ice tray and have been freezing the eggs for cooking and scrambled eggs... I pop them out of the ice tray and stick in a Ziploc bag. When I need an egg, I just grab what I need. I've also made a ton of breakfast burritos, they freeze great..I made some cooked eggs for egg Mc Muffins, stacked with wax paper between in a Ziploc and stored in freezer ready to add to a English muffin.. I've given away a ton of eggs too.

We keep a big bag of breakfast burritos in the freezer all the time....2 minutes in the microwave and you've got a great meal.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4260
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 am
Location: NE Texas

Re: Eggs

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:45 am

TexasBred wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:I've been getting lots of eggs too and have been testing ways to preserve them for the times the chickens arent laying.
I bought a silicone ice tray and have been freezing the eggs for cooking and scrambled eggs... I pop them out of the ice tray and stick in a Ziploc bag. When I need an egg, I just grab what I need. I've also made a ton of breakfast burritos, they freeze great..I made some cooked eggs for egg Mc Muffins, stacked with wax paper between in a Ziploc and stored in freezer ready to add to a English muffin.. I've given away a ton of eggs too.

We keep a big bag of breakfast burritos in the freezer all the time....2 minutes in the microwave and you've got a great meal.

Exactly... We take a bunch when we go on road trips. Way better than any fast food places have. I accidently found out a great way to eat them. I got this cute little oven/griddle/coffee maker thing for our camper. The top is the griddle surface and it has a glass top that is not very high off the food. It presses down on the burritos and acts like a panini press. Puts a thin crust on the tortilla...THey are really good with that crisp layer. YOu could get the same results with a George forman griddle thing.... or if you are hooffy snoofy and have a panini press......
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

User avatar
Son of Butch
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3914
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:44 pm
Location: Frost Bite Falls, Minnesota

Re: Eggs

Postby Son of Butch » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:34 am

Hooffy snoofy... I've heard hoity-toity and fancy-schmancy ... but hoofy- snoofy is a new one to me
0 x

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28278
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Eggs

Postby TexasBred » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:16 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:I've been getting lots of eggs too and have been testing ways to preserve them for the times the chickens arent laying.
I bought a silicone ice tray and have been freezing the eggs for cooking and scrambled eggs... I pop them out of the ice tray and stick in a Ziploc bag. When I need an egg, I just grab what I need. I've also made a ton of breakfast burritos, they freeze great..I made some cooked eggs for egg Mc Muffins, stacked with wax paper between in a Ziploc and stored in freezer ready to add to a English muffin.. I've given away a ton of eggs too.

We keep a big bag of breakfast burritos in the freezer all the time....2 minutes in the microwave and you've got a great meal.

Exactly... We take a bunch when we go on road trips. Way better than any fast food places have. I accidently found out a great way to eat them. I got this cute little oven/griddle/coffee maker thing for our camper. The top is the griddle surface and it has a glass top that is not very high off the food. It presses down on the burritos and acts like a panini press. Puts a thin crust on the tortilla...THey are really good with that crisp layer. YOu could get the same results with a George forman griddle thing.... or if you are hooffy snoofy and have a panini press......

I know you're going to find this hard to believe but we DO have a pinini press. :lol: :lol: Wife bought it a couple years ago. Uses it from time to time. Hadn't thought about using it with breakfast burritos.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4260
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 am
Location: NE Texas

Re: Eggs

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:42 pm

You need to try it. Putting a crunch on a breakfast burrito changes everything. And, I meant hooffy snoofy in a good way lol....
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do


Return to “Recipes and Cooking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest