Here we go again....

The place to start if you are new!
BigBear
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Here we go again....

Postby BigBear » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:48 am

Son of Butch wrote:Buy them on the condition if one or both do not calve by October 1st... then that animal can be sold at local sale barn
and price difference refunded. (Either of you can buy them out of the ring... but you still receive the difference)

What do you think about writing up a contract that if I have them palpated and they are not bred that she has to give me XXX amount of dollars back? I know that in OH if both parties sign its a legally binding contract even if its on a napkin from a bar (my buddies a lawyer). Worst case is a) I take her to small claims court or b) I just lose out on the calves that will help cover the cost of the cows.

At least I would have something to go back on I guess.....
0 x
Well he's tall in the saddle, short on the cash
The last to quit, the first to buy the beer

RanchMan90
GURU
GURU

Postby RanchMan90 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:07 am

They look good. A $5 preg check sure looks cheap in this situation.
0 x
The secret to getting ahead is getting started ~ Mark Twain

BigBear
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby BigBear » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:47 am

RanchMan90 wrote:They look good. A $5 preg check sure looks cheap in this situation.

I just spoke with the lady. They ran with the bull for 4 months which eases my mind. Also she was ok with giving back $500 if they're not bred which I am ok with. And she delivers. Said they weaned off their first calves easy with fence line weaning which is what I plan to do.

I will write up a contract and have both parties sign.

I am good with the deal and excited to get these girls home to our farm. :banana:

Thanks to all of you for your comments and help. This forum has been a life saver for me!
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:55 pm

BigBear wrote:
RanchMan90 wrote:They look good. A $5 preg check sure looks cheap in this situation.

I just spoke with the lady. They ran with the bull for 4 months which eases my mind. Also she was ok with giving back $500 if they're not bred which I am ok with. And she delivers. Said they weaned off their first calves easy with fence line weaning which is what I plan to do.

I will write up a contract and have both parties sign.

I am good with the deal and excited to get these girls home to our farm. :banana:

Thanks to all of you for your comments and help. This forum has been a life saver for me!

You made a very good deal and bought two outstanding cows. Please return with updates on the calves.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:11 pm

Put em in the trailer and take em to the vet and have em checked. How much is it there?
If I take em on Wednesday it's 5.00 dollars.
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

BigBear
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby BigBear » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:20 pm

callmefence wrote:Put em in the trailer and take em to the vet and have em checked. How much is it there?

I wish my vet had a discount for "preg check Wednesday's!

I've got a couple cousins that breed dairy cows and I'm going to have them come out and check. And they're family so it's free! Lol

I also put in the contract I have 60 days to either have calves on the ground or palpated. Which ever comes last.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:53 am

BigBear wrote:
callmefence wrote:Put em in the trailer and take em to the vet and have em checked. How much is it there?

I wish my vet had a discount for "preg check Wednesday's!

I've got a couple cousins that breed dairy cows and I'm going to have them come out and check. And they're family so it's free! Lol

I also put in the contract I have 60 days to either have calves on the ground or palpated. Which ever comes last.

BigBear, where in Ohio is this lady located? Our place is 45 miles south on Cincinnati. Does she have anymore cows for sale?
0 x

BigBear
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby BigBear » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:09 pm

She's NE of Newark. I asked if we could come out and see them so we loaded up the kids and took a little road trip. She's got a mixed bag of different breeds in her herd. She mentioned several times that she did not want to sell these 2 but she needs some money to get her tractor fixed. I don't believe she wants to sell anymore and only has a couple red angus calves left.

The cows looked even better in person. They are beautiful. She said she got them out of Pennsylvania along with the bull (which she has sold since breeding these 2). I'm quite certain they're bred and close too. As big around as propane tanks and really saggy vulvas. Very skiddish though. Looked wild as deer. My wife is the cow whisperer. :lol: She will have them tame as dogs in a few months. We are all excited to get them here on Monday.

I do plan on selling any bull calves if your interested.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:12 pm

BigBear wrote:She's NE of Newark. I asked if we could come out and see them so we loaded up the kids and took a little road trip. She's got a mixed bag of different breeds in her herd. She mentioned several times that she did not want to sell these 2 but she needs some money to get her tractor fixed. I don't believe she wants to sell anymore and only has a couple red angus calves left.

The cows looked even better in person. They are beautiful. She said she got them out of Pennsylvania along with the bull (which she has sold since breeding these 2). I'm quite certain they're bred and close too. As big around as propane tanks and really saggy vulvas. Very skiddish though. Looked wild as deer. My wife is the cow whisperer. :lol: She will have them tame as dogs in a few months. We are all excited to get them here on Monday.

I do plan on selling any bull calves if your interested.

Keep us posted. Sounds exciting.
0 x

NonTypicalCPA
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby NonTypicalCPA » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:07 am

Yes, let's see the calves when they hit the ground.
0 x

hopalong
Rancher
Rancher

Postby hopalong » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:39 pm

blood test,,, less than $10.oo each.... easy to do, ship off and results an a few days 99% correct
0 x
not sure what goes here

Return to “Beginners Board”