Favorite pet

Ideas, questions and pictures of your friends.
CindSein
Beginner
Beginner

Favorite pet

Postby CindSein » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:08 am

Hi all,
Let's start an interesting discussion on which is your favorite pet. Do specify the reason also. Mine is cat. It is just because they are very cute.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Re: Favorite pet

Postby M-5 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:15 am

My favorite pet is my rooster. I like him because he is bad AZZ and will kung foo kick anything that comes close.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

pdfangus
GURU
GURU

Postby pdfangus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:29 am

in my opinion it is hard to imagine anything more loyal and steadfast than a good dog...
I have had dogs who put their life on the line to get proddy cows off of me...

I like horses too but have had horses leave me under the same circumstances where dogs came charging in...

had a cow knock a big horse out from under me one time and when he got up he left me there and high tailed it before I could get back on.
0 x
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:38 am

Cows/ Dogs

My cows are all pets. The environment they came from and the environment here has made them pets. The ones I have retained are just like a dog except they are too big to ride in the truck and come in the house. They behave like pets. Just like a dog craves grooming, so do my cows.

To have pets the size of a cow is why I find them fascinating.

But for 24/7, a dog is my favorite.
0 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:57 am

The goldfish in my water troughs. No maintenance, no feed bill, no vet bill, no litter box to clean.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

FlyingLSimmentals
GURU
GURU

Postby FlyingLSimmentals » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:04 am

Cats And Dogs
A Dog is all I have right now. Love him so much he's a house dog, work dog, play in the yard buddy, shotgun rider, and basically a go where ever I go Buddy. My first dog that fit that whole criteria.
Now a cat there is nothing sweeter than that roaring purr and that soft rubbing feel around your ankle, until of course when it trips you.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:18 am

FlyingLSimmentals wrote:Cats And Dogs
A Dog is all I have right now. Love him so much he's a house dog, work dog, play in the yard buddy, shotgun rider, and basically a go where ever I go Buddy. My first dog that fit that whole criteria.
Now a cat there is nothing sweeter than that roaring purr and that soft rubbing feel around your ankle, until of course when it trips you.

Good one, Mike. Not just limited to cats. My Corgi, year old. Has tripped me a couple times. Can be a hazard!
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:29 am

Bright Raven wrote:

Good one, Mike. Not just limited to cats. My Corgi, year old. Has tripped me a couple times. Can be a hazard!

did you spill your wine ???
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

pdfangus
GURU
GURU

Postby pdfangus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:50 am

Rafter S wrote:The goldfish in my water troughs. No maintenance, no feed bill, no vet bill, no litter box to clean.

I have a hard time thinking of goldfish as a pet.
My dogs want to be where I am....If I am walking the fields they are scouting ahead.
If I am at the barn they are either helping me or lying nearby in the shade.
If I am in the house they are in the house.
they guard the house and family from all trespassers...human or animal...
they are a lot of company to me.
and unlike the women I work or live with, they seldom ever tell me I am wrong...
0 x
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:55 am

M-5 wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

did you spill your wine ???

He is in my Lap,
When I drink my wine,
That is a fact,
Jack.
0 x

CindSein
Beginner
Beginner

Postby CindSein » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:20 pm

Rafter S wrote:The goldfish in my water troughs. No maintenance, no feed bill, no vet bill, no litter box to clean.

This seems quite different. I'm hearing it for the first time....considering goldfish as a pet....but it seems good... :) :) :)
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:03 am

For me it's cows. I do like cats, but the yotes and owls keep eating them. Some cows are just more special than others, just like some dogs are better than others. I have a bred heifer "Yotta" who is an absolute doll.. loves to just hang out with you and enjoys company.. .it's in the bloodlines though, her great grandma was my first pet cow, and all of them inbetween were all outstanding as well
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:11 am

A couple of dogs are the only pets here. Everything else makes money or they're gone.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:32 am

slick4591 wrote:A couple of dogs are the only pets here. Everything else makes money or they're gone.

My goldfish work for their keep. They eat the algae and mosquito larvae in my water troughs.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:40 pm

I like ferrets there fun to watch
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Return to “Dogs, Cats and Other Pets”