pork spare ribs. educate me

Post your favorite recipes or get help with a cooking problem here.
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Re: pork spare ribs. educate me

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:48 pm

govols wrote:3,2,1 technique for me. 3 hours on the smoker uncovered, 2 hours wrapped in foil with a little apple juice, 1 hour out the foil with your favorite sauce. I try to keep the smoker around 250 degrees. As everyone else said, removing the membrane is best imo. I usually season with store bought pork rub, butt rub or something similar.

I'm coming to Dickson tomorrow for lunch with Wayne R., how about we just have you smoke us up some ribs?
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

govols
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby govols » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:04 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
govols wrote:3,2,1 technique for me. 3 hours on the smoker uncovered, 2 hours wrapped in foil with a little apple juice, 1 hour out the foil with your favorite sauce. I try to keep the smoker around 250 degrees. As everyone else said, removing the membrane is best imo. I usually season with store bought pork rub, butt rub or something similar.

I'm coming to Dickson tomorrow for lunch with Wayne R., how about we just have you smoke us up some ribs?

I'd much rather be cooking ribs than working! Make Wayne buy your lunch atleast!
0 x

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:52 am

I do it backwards..ill season em..wrap em for 2-3 hrs then unwrap em and give em an hr of really hard smoke to finish the cook. wrapping them after they have a skin...the smoke part on the meat...seems backward..in foil up front keeps em slow cooking in their own juice..cooks the seasoning into the meat more
I know that's the standard way but I am backwards anyways so....I learned mine didn't have anyone to teach me
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:35 am

govols wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

I'd much rather be cooking ribs than working! Make Wayne buy your lunch atleast!

I'll try but he sits on that wallet pretty hard.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Return to “Recipes and Cooking”