White pussballs like ant bites on cows

Cattle problems.
dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

White pussballs like ant bites on cows

Postby dieselbeef » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:59 am

They look like they got attacked by fire ants. Cows got tons of em. I know it's a fly bite but never seen em before like this. Just went to another pasture and within a week covered in these. raining everyday so the backrub probly isn't working too well. Sprayed em with permethrin. I know why they are all bunched together know. These flies are tiny little biters.
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Re: White pussballs like ant bites on cows

Postby Nesikep » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:49 pm

we have some tiny flies not much bigger than a fruit fly, and they take a chunk out. never seen any puss balls from them, but they leave a bloody hole, and then the cows lick it raw.
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:58 pm

horn flies, they hard on cattle....https://entomology.ca.uky.edu/ef509
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:14 pm

yea..i got a cpl pics. I knew what it was just wasn't thinkin of the name....sprayed em yesterday and hardly a fly on em today. between that and the rub I think theyre a lot better. and more spread out in the pasture too so looking good. I thought they were bunched up an awful lot but its been torrential rains til dark by the time I get home I aint seen em in a week or so cept from inside the barn 1000 ft away . thought it might've been the rain but I knew it was flies dangit
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:45 am

cpl of em had it a little worse than this..shows up more on the black ones but that's the bite....
0 x
einstein

Return to “Health & Nutrition”