Trees fruit/nut

From the latest tomato tips to sweetcorn calamities, share your experiences in the garden.
lavacarancher
GURU
GURU

Re: Trees fruit/nut

Postby lavacarancher » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:00 pm

MudHog wrote:Blueberries like acidic soil. I have my two Blueberries in pots (old protein cattle tubs) so I can control the soil easier. They are on their first year producing from planting this Spring. I'm not a big potted plant person, but so far they are doing good.

Ditto here, MH. My blueberry trees were loaded last summer but the birds got all of them. They are about 6' tall and I think I need to transplant but concerned about the Ph of the soil. Ph somewhere around 5.5 to 6.0. What do you think?
0 x
If you think you're in charge, try bossing someone else's dog around.

MudHog
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby MudHog » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:21 pm

5.5 to 6.0, your doing good.

I'll look for an article on what I use. Cut cuts wedges out of the root ball, then fills the wedges in with soil and compost them he puts the plant back into the pot.
0 x
"A vegetarian is a person who won't eat anything that can have children." - David Brenner

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:49 pm

0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:24 am

lavacarancher wrote:
MudHog wrote:Blueberries like acidic soil. I have my two Blueberries in pots (old protein cattle tubs) so I can control the soil easier. They are on their first year producing from planting this Spring. I'm not a big potted plant person, but so far they are doing good.

Ditto here, MH. My blueberry trees were loaded last summer but the birds got all of them. They are about 6' tall and I think I need to transplant but concerned about the Ph of the soil. Ph somewhere around 5.5 to 6.0. What do you think?

4 - 5 is better. If you get around 6 your growth will be weak. Using ammonium sulfate and sulfur will help your growth on a higher pH.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Return to “Gardening”