Add me to that list. :nod:
0 x
Live each day as if it were your last.

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Re: The truth about farming....

Postby Workinonit Farm » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:06 pm

M-5 wrote:the truth is when you have dirt in your blood you find peace and solitude from something that most do not understand. I often sit and watch and look at everything in amazement and Know that this did not happen by chance. I work hard and after about 30hrs in a tractor seat the last few days . My neck hurts and im walking like a 90 yr old but yesterday evening about dark I rode a section of fence that I built last year and I added a few cutoffs to keep the electric where I want it and called the cows to turn them into waste high crabgrass and they hit the gap at a full run, bucking and kicking and I could see the pure joy in their actions . the aches dwindled and I thanked Almighty for all that I have and Just smiled as they headed over to the back corner . I have days where I think its not worth it but If I tally it up I have far more days that I feel a sense of accomplishment and I know that One day when I have to answer for all Ive done, I pray he will say "well done My child"

Nice post! :)
0 x

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:20 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
HDRider wrote:I still love it, but sometimes I think I am about to drown.

My hat is off to ya'll that do this well. It is no small feat. You have a right to be proud. :cowboy:

Indeed it can be overwhelming but only if you let it. What I have found helpful is when you begin to feel overwhelmed with all the little things that are swallowing you and your time like the waters of a frigid lake you need to stand back and admire the lake from a distance and reflect on the big picture; your accomplishments, your vision, and your vision of things to be.

I am bad about that. I'll be fighting through briers and thorns and find out I surrounded by roses.

I am working on it...
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:20 pm

Workinonit Farm wrote:
M-5 wrote:the truth is when you have dirt in your blood you find peace and solitude from something that most do not understand. I often sit and watch and look at everything in amazement and Know that this did not happen by chance. I work hard and after about 30hrs in a tractor seat the last few days . My neck hurts and im walking like a 90 yr old but yesterday evening about dark I rode a section of fence that I built last year and I added a few cutoffs to keep the electric where I want it and called the cows to turn them into waste high crabgrass and they hit the gap at a full run, bucking and kicking and I could see the pure joy in their actions . the aches dwindled and I thanked Almighty for all that I have and Just smiled as they headed over to the back corner . I have days where I think its not worth it but If I tally it up I have far more days that I feel a sense of accomplishment and I know that One day when I have to answer for all Ive done, I pray he will say "well done My child"

Nice post! :)

I totally agree. I have been doing this a LOOONNNGGG time, and like right now, I am looking at some calves running & bucking with their tails up in the air. It sure brings a SMILE to my face. How can you raise any kind of living being and not pleasure in your accomplishments? Yes, we have bad times, but the good out-weighs the bad.
I am VERY PROUD to be a "farmer". And I love "God made a farmer".
0 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:15 pm

HDRider wrote:I am bad about that. I'll be fighting through briers and thorns and find out I surrounded by roses.

I am working on it...

Same here. I find a nice cold beer and a pretty sunset can sometimes be helpful.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Workinonit Farm
GURU
GURU

Postby Workinonit Farm » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:04 pm

Going out to check cows this evening, and I find this, and I forget about whatever negatives I may have been thinking about. :)

0 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Highpoint » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:09 am

I really enjoyed the article.
0 x

Return to “Beginners Board”