One raccoon in hand is worth one in the bush

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

One raccoon in hand is worth one in the bush

Postby cowgirl8 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:13 am

My aussie was anxious this morning to show me the raccoon she killed last night. Then later on, saw the dogs outside looking up at the pergola. The deceased coon had a friend who escaped by climbing the pergola. Only problem is, he has no way out except though us or the dogs, which wont end well for him. Cant really shoot him where he is, he's up against the house. I guess i'll let him figure it out.
We obviously have an endless supply of coons. :?
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Re: One raccoon in hand is worth one in the bush

Postby cowgirl8 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Just hauled off the dead one. Its been dead for a few hours and it smelled so bad already. I do prefer to haul them off alive in a cage. The guy hanging in the pergola looks lost. Technically, i'd love to somehow get him alive and relocate, but I think that's pointless..Doubt the dogs or he'd cooperate... so sad
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:07 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:Just hauled off the dead one. Its been dead for a few hours and it smelled so bad already. I do prefer to haul them off alive in a cage. The guy hanging in the pergola looks lost. Technically, i'd love to somehow get him alive and relocate, but I think that's pointless..Doubt the dogs or he'd cooperate... so sad

Put the dogs up and give him a reprieve perhaps?
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:12 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:Just hauled off the dead one. Its been dead for a few hours and it smelled so bad already. I do prefer to haul them off alive in a cage. The guy hanging in the pergola looks lost. Technically, i'd love to somehow get him alive and relocate, but I think that's pointless..Doubt the dogs or he'd cooperate... so sad

Put the dogs up and give him a reprieve perhaps?

Good idea....lol..not sure why I didn't think of putting the dogs up.. When my husband gets home, I may just do that.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:17 pm

I caught 8 last night with a snare. Double over a piece of electric fence wire, and slide it through a piece of gray conduit.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:48 am

Before I could get out there and do something about that coon, he was dead. I think he was injured and dying before he went up there. My dogs smacked talked him all day, erk.... That works sometimes with squirrels they've found out. They sit under them barking and squirrels get jittery and make a run for it and always fall onto the dogs...
0 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:28 am

Amber Rose had something on the net about the bush.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:42 pm

hurleyjd wrote:Amber Rose had something on the net about the bush.

Nah, cant type what I was thinking...lol... .we'll leave it at that
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:15 pm

Heard a crash outside the window. Then heard the dogs making their mauling noises...First thought was one of our cats, but saw that it was another raccoon. It came from the pergola too. Must have been a pack of them the other night and there were more in the wisteria than I couldnt see. Bless his heart. Wasn't a easy painless death. One dog usually grabs it by the neck, you know like a cougar..lol.. and then Lugnut comes in and grabs it by the tail.. They then go to a game of tug of war. Not pretty to watch. Anyone who says dogs don't kill for sport is full of it. These 2 dogs love killing for sport..
0 x

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:18 pm

hurleyjd wrote:Amber Rose had something on the net about the bush.

Don't get any of that on your hand !!
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:41 pm

The coons around here just wish they only had to worry about a couple of dogs. lol I've got the coon/beaver trapinst kid ever made.

0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

tater74
Rancher
Rancher

Postby tater74 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:53 pm

Those are some good raccoons right there. Cute little girl too.
0 x
Nobody gets something for nothing unless somebody got nothing for something

"the cows are where your at,the bull is the direction your going...." ALACOWMAN

BK9954
GURU
GURU

Postby BK9954 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:14 pm

I have a zero tolerance for any coon on the property. After losing numerous chickens and guinea fowls I kill any I see. Shot one the other night while hog hunting that had 4 little ones with her. The little ones were too small and fast to get. Few years ago it may have bothered me shooting an animal with babies, now, doesn't make me blink. I see no use for a coon, they have no mercy for my livestock, I will rid the world of everyone I come across. That goes for coons. They terrorized my coops for 2 weeks in the middle of the night, I didnt sleep much. Built a new coop, cost me over $500. It's sealed like a prison but my Guinea Fowls still roost in the tree's. I lose one every couple months to predators.
0 x
"Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" Winston Churchill

4x4dually
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 4x4dually » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:17 am

If photobucket wasn't a bunch of pr1ckes...I'd post up a picture of our pet raccoon setting in my lap watching television so you KILLERS could see that we CAN co-exist with the masked bandits. LOL

KILLERS!!!!!

LOL
1 x
Electrical Engineer.....with a few momma cows....so basically, Rancher still in training wheels.

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:59 am

:lol2: Trash panda lover.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”