Blaze Face Simm Bull

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Blaze Face Simm Bull

Postby Ol' 243 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:14 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:... I don't think any of you know what a sim looked like in the 90s.

Yea, I'm pretty sure you were the only one here in the cow bidness in the 90's . . . . . . . . . . .you have got to be the most arrogant, know it all that ever lived.

I'm gonna ride you like SeaBiscuit about your BS
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:33 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
Muddy wrote:Just ignore cowgirl8. Todays Simmentals isn't Angus, sure they're black but they're genetically different from Black Angus and they should be able to give you heterosis in your cattle.

Muddy is right. I think it was Lucky but not sure who posted a reference to DNA tests of the different breeds. Simmentals are no more polluted than the other breeds.

Not sure why there are arguments about Hereford, horned, polled, black....they all look like Hereford.
What makes it different is, we use to raise and show sims. Doesn't make me an expert, don't claim to be. But if a polled or black Hereford is not a Hereford, then a solid black angus looking cow isnt a sim... I don't think any of you know what a sim looked like in the 90s.

Even in the 90s Simmenthals had changed from the 60s. They were already trying to improve calving ease and down size them. The paint jobs stayed similar but they were already by then much different then the late 60s when they first caught fire in the US and Canada.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:43 pm

Ol' 243 wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:... I don't think any of you know what a sim looked like in the 90s.

Yea, I'm pretty sure you were the only one here in the cow bidness in the 90's . . . . . . . . . . .you have got to be the most arrogant, know it all that ever lived.

I'm gonna ride you like SeaBiscuit about your BS
. Watch out,,That much time in the saddle..will chafe you.. :cowboy:
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:46 pm

I stand my by opinion. As a sim person, todays sims are not sims, they are angus.....
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Muddy
GURU
GURU

Postby Muddy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:50 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:I stand my by opinion. As a sim person, todays sims are not sims, they are angus.....

Says a person who is turning sims black via injecting black Angus genetics in them and mixing them up with random breeds.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:51 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:I stand my by opinion. As a sim person, todays sims are not sims, they are angus.....
they are dang if he don't look like a sim....https://www.google.com/search?q=simment ... hlZkHTJbXM:
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:11 pm

Muddy wrote:

Says a person who is turning sims black via injecting black Angus genetics in them and mixing them up with random breeds.

So, didn't say I was keeping the sims like 90s sims. If anyone knows the problems they had, I would. Didn't get good at pulling calves running angus back then..lol Just saying, todays sims are not sims, they are angus. In the 90s, about 75% of our herds were reg sims and all our cows are descendants of these reg sims..
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:11 pm

Still stand by my opinion that todays sim is just a angus...
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:13 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:
they are dang if he don't look like a sim....https://www.google.com/search?q=simment ... hlZkHTJbXM:

There goes the googling expertise... at least you guys are consistent...lol
0 x

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Postby Kingfisher » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:36 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:Todays sims are not yesterdays sims. If I sell you a sim/angus, you'll be getting old blood sim and you could figure some whopper calves. New sims today are basically angus.

How far back do your old blood sims go?
0 x
Green grass cures alot of ills.
The dream is free. The hustle is sold separate.

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Postby Kingfisher » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:42 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Muddy wrote:
ClinchValley wrote:Is it at this point still considered a continental breed? Or british? Or a hybrid of the two? I'm looking for heterosis, in the end.

Just ignore cowgirl8. Todays Simmentals isn't Angus, sure they're black but they're genetically different from Black Angus and they should be able to give you heterosis in your cattle.

Muddy is right. I think it was Lucky but not sure who posted a reference to DNA tests of the different breeds. Simmentals are no more polluted than the other breeds.

Can you really turn a "Sim into an Angus?" If your Sims ( I think not calling them Simmental is weak" are " watered down" I need a shot Ron...;)
0 x

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Postby Kingfisher » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:45 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:

You got any pics of your Sims? Old pics or new pics.
0 x

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:29 pm

Kingfisher wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote: they are dang if he don't look like a sim....https://www.google.com/search?q=simment ... hlZkHTJbXM:

You got any pics of your Sims? Old pics or new pics.

It's taking her a while to copy those pics from google, or she timed out on her internet usage for the day.
0 x

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Postby Kingfisher » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:35 pm

Bing. I tell you it's Bing not Google. I think I'm going to name my next Bull "Bing" or " google".
0 x

Kingfisher
GURU
GURU

Postby Kingfisher » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:41 pm

Getting back to your bull...he'd a made a nice show bull for a kid. He's pretty. Has he had any grain?
0 x

Return to “Breeds Board”