Does anybody make a living with cattle?

The place to start if you are new!
cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Re: Does anybody make a living with cattle?

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:05 am

:lol2: I'll tell you a little about my husband, He thinks you are all azz hats and says that the reason you guys are in this forum picking on a woman is because you are too afraid of confronting people in real life. He said, "Apparently this forum makes them men, and when someone who is actually doing what they wish to do, they are going to tear them down to make themselves feel better." Said, "Best advice I can give them is put your computer down and get to work, that's how you ranch full time."
And there you have it fellas, this is a real rancher and a real man who does it full time. If you were asking how anybody makes a living at ranching, put your computer down and get to work.....
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:30 am

That is some funny sheit you just wrote.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:31 am

Ol' 243 wrote:That is some funny sheit you just wrote.

And there you go........proving his point.
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:39 am

If you think I give a sheit what you or your hubby say or think, you got me f***'d up with somebody else.
0 x

Muddy
GURU
GURU

Postby Muddy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:52 am

Then why is he doing all work while you're on your phone all times, Linda?
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:11 am

cowgirl8 wrote::lol2: I'll tell you a little about my husband, He thinks you are all azz hats and says that the reason you guys are in this forum picking on a woman is because you are too afraid of confronting people in real life. He said, "Apparently this forum makes them men, and when someone who is actually doing what they wish to do, they are going to tear them down to make themselves feel better." Said, "Best advice I can give them is put your computer down and get to work, that's how you ranch full time."
And there you have it fellas, this is a real rancher and a real man who does it full time. If you were asking how anybody makes a living at ranching, put your computer down and get to work.....

Real man could control his wife from running down his name and making an be nice our of herself. I don't bsvk down any particular time he want me to show up in bogata ? He deserves his azz beat because of you.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:14 am

wow..some turn this train took..derailed right into the station....right off the end of the tracks....getting to be a rather difficult place anymore isn't it
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:17 am

dieselbeef wrote:wow..some turn this train took..derailed right into the station....right off the end of the tracks....getting to be a rather difficult place anymore isn't it

itchy trigger fingers round here!
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:17 am

Muddy wrote:Then why is he doing all work while you're on your phone all times, Linda?

Its been raining, and we have our son here that works also. I run to get parts, drive a tractor when needed and check cows...
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:22 am

M-5 wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote::lol2: I'll tell you a little about my husband, He thinks you are all azz hats and says that the reason you guys are in this forum picking on a woman is because you are too afraid of confronting people in real life. He said, "Apparently this forum makes them men, and when someone who is actually doing what they wish to do, they are going to tear them down to make themselves feel better." Said, "Best advice I can give them is put your computer down and get to work, that's how you ranch full time."

Real man could control his wife from running down his name and making an be nice our of herself. I don't bsvk down any particular time he want me to show up in bogata ? He deserves his azz beat because of you.
. He's sounds like the parent who's kids can do no wrong...
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:33 am

cowgirl8 wrote:
Muddy wrote:Then why is he doing all work while you're on your phone all times, Linda?

Its been raining, and we have our son here that works also. I run to get parts, drive a tractor when needed and check cows...

We are about caught up, but since the grass has grown, it looks like we'll be out in the hay field again. There is about 300 acres that needs baled, again. I really want to get our living room finished. We did have time to get out in the woodshop and get some wood milled the last few days.
If you'll listen to a person who is actually in the cattle business,.... although there is always work to be done, there are times we have free time. When it rains, after weaning, those times we do other things. But, sometimes some things don't get done right away....like fence work which is never ending. Not sure how many miles of fence we have, but its miles. ANd since we are heavily wooded here, its never ending. I don't do fence work unless I have to, meaning, if i'm with my husband when we find the fence down.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:44 am

The guys just built a new fence this winter and used the tract loader and skidsteer to clear off ALL the trees on this line. He's decided that a tree free fence is the best....
0 x

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:46 am

cowgirl8 wrote:

He has my sympathy.

If I were him, I'd buy you the Cadillac of SUVs and have you out checking cows regularly. I'd be sending you for parts constantly.
1 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:50 am

Well he (or you) wouldn't be wrong once again.
No one can stand your bullying azz but only a few of us will call you on it.
Your better, everything you do is better, everyone else is inferior, no one else can come close to your stellar operation.
I don't care if your a woman or a man, you treat other people like be nice I'm going to take up for them.
Noe as far as working and making a living doing this you need to open your eyes and see you aren't a fly on a cows aszzto some operations.
As far as real men he might get a schooling cause of your mouth if you act this way in real life.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:52 am

cowgirl8 wrote:The guys just built a new fence this winter and used the tract loader and skidsteer to clear off ALL the trees on this line. He's decided that a tree free fence is the best....

I try not to use trees. I have line fence where it is not convenient to remove the trees. Most are 80 foot tall oak, elm, sycamores, etc. But limbs and down trees are a constant problem
0 x

Return to “Beginners Board”