Does anybody make a living with cattle?

The place to start if you are new!
backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Re: Does anybody make a living with cattle?

Postby backhoeboogie » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:56 am

cowgirl8 wrote::lol2: I'll tell you a little about my husband, He thinks you are all azz hats and says that the reason you guys are in this forum picking on a woman is because you are too afraid of confronting people in real life. ...

Linda you joined 3 years ago. This place was around long before you came along. Check your advice "call a vet". "Call a vet". Why would I call a vet? They call me. I'm gonna go help one out today. He just called 20 minutes ago.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:01 am

This has the flavor of:

Well, she started!

No, you started it.

Did Not!

Did so!
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:03 am

Bright Raven wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:The guys just built a new fence this winter and used the tract loader and skidsteer to clear off ALL the trees on this line. He's decided that a tree free fence is the best....

I try not to use trees. I have line fence where it is not convenient to remove the trees. Most are 80 foot tall oak, elm, sycamores, etc. But limbs and down trees are a constant problem

This one fence had huge trees. He has this nifty saw he uses on his skidsteer and cut them down and used the tract loader to move them. Most piles are burned now, but it is a mess..
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:06 am

and one more thing. There are lots of women on here. and not a single one of them have the issues you describe. WHY is that you ask ??? because they were raised right and know how to be ladies. there are several that run the whole dang place many years ago there were some that took over after their husbands died and came here for advise and kept the farm fluid and successful.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:10 am

M-5 wrote:and one more thing. There are lots of women on here. and not a single one of them have the issues you describe. WHY is that you ask ??? because they were raised right and know how to be ladies. there are several that run the whole dang place many years ago there were some that took over after their husbands died and came here for advise and kept the farm fluid and successful.

I have no idea why what we have bothers you so much. You do know this is a cattle forum focusing around people who ranch, right? And as far as stepping down and being a woman like you feel one should be....i'll say it again and you make quote me.... I've been a cowgirl in a cowboy world a long time.. I've known many men like you who feel women need to be put in their place. :tiphat:
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:12 am

Bright Raven wrote:This has the flavor of:

Well, she started!

No, you started it.

Did Not!

Did so!

No, not the case.
Most can stand her know-it-all arrogant azz and is sick of her.
She degrades every thread she gets on. As soon as she's called out she pulls the woman card.
She and a few others have made this place almost useless. It used to good here and now I only check every few days.
I've held my tongue as long as I'm going to.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:16 am

jedstivers wrote:

Well, she started!

No, you started it.

Did Not!

Did so!

No, not the case.
She degrades every thread she gets on. As soon as she's called out she pulls the woman card.
She and a few others have made this place almost useless. It used to good here and now I only check every few days.

Go back on this thread and point out where it is I was arrogant first, not taking up for myself, but point out where it was I started it....
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:19 am

cowgirl8 wrote:
M-5 wrote:and one more thing. There are lots of women on here. and not a single one of them have the issues you describe. WHY is that you ask ??? because they were raised right and know how to be ladies. there are several that run the whole dang place many years ago there were some that took over after their husbands died and came here for advise and kept the farm fluid and successful.

I have no idea why what we have bothers you so much. You do know this is a cattle forum focusing around people who ranch, right? And as far as stepping down and being a woman like you feel one should be....i'll say it again and you make quote me.... I've been a cowgirl in a cowboy world a long time.. I've known many men like you who feel women need to be put in their place. :tiphat:

I don't give a shyt what you have. You come here and have diarrhea of the mouth about stuff you know nothing about and then belittle others because you think your above everyone else.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

RanchMan90
GURU
GURU

Postby RanchMan90 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:19 am

0 x
The secret to getting ahead is getting started ~ Mark Twain

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:35 am

jedstivers wrote:

Well, she started!

No, you started it.

Did Not!

Did so!

No, not the case.

Then, FLAG the posts that offend you and leave it for Mod1 to act.
0 x

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:42 am

There ain't sheit on TV this good.
0 x

Return to “Beginners Board”