Blaze Face Simm Bull

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

Andyva
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Blaze Face Simm Bull

Postby Andyva » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:17 am

Holsteins, the other black cow. Surprising that the black hair thing has caught on as well as it has, considering the millions of holsteins that are dropping bull calves every year. If the black hair is coming from holstein influence, that is not going to do anything for birth weight, that's for sure.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:54 am

Andyva wrote:Holsteins, the other black cow. Surprising that the black hair thing has caught on as well as it has, considering the millions of holsteins that are dropping bull calves every year. If the black hair is coming from holstein influence, that is not going to do anything for birth weight, that's for sure.

That's true. I know that it's hard as heck to wash out the chrome from a sim. You'd just add to it with a Holstein.
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU

Postby Supa Dexta » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:44 am

You just like to hear yourself talk...(post) You have someone just a handful of posts ago explaining how they got black sims from a holstein, with no angus, then you come yapping about how that wouldn't work.

Charolais are known for large birth weights, yet there are some that spit out tiny white calves! How the heck can that be!!! Oh wait, if you spent time actually breeding cattle instead of just giving them pet names, you can work wonders over time.
0 x

Lucky_P
GURU
GURU

Postby Lucky_P » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:40 am

Here's one... from 10ys ago during the drought of '07... a 3/4 SM 1/4 HO cow; mostly Fleckvieh on the SM side of the equation. No Angus in the mix. Still have one of her daughters(by an Angus bull) - and several granddaughters - in the herd
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:45 pm

Lucky_P wrote:Image

Here's one... from 10ys ago during the drought of '07... a 3/4 SM 1/4 HO cow; mostly Fleckvieh on the SM side of the equation. No Angus in the mix. Still have one of her daughters(by an Angus bull) - and several granddaughters - in the herd

I have a handful of cows like this. Will be approximately 75% angus 25% flec sim though now. But, love when I get them. My fave. I have one I named Rachael Dratch.. I have no idea why I call her that still other than when she was a calf she had this funny look on her face and I called her Rachael Dratch and it stuck.. Our original bulls in the 80s were the big lanky rough sims. Was a fad thing I know, but I have no regrets in getting into them. When my daughters started showing them in the 90s, you'd better have a solid color or the judges wouldn't take a second look at them. There weren't any blacks until the late 90s when my daughters were getting out of showing sims, the last to show reg got into angus... I have no idea where they are now, other than the ones I've seen. Seems most people like them to have a white face now so I guess they are gluing that back on. The solid blacks I've seen look either like a angus, brangus, limo... and these are just the ones I've seen around here people are buying. The brangus is another shocker, just an angus now. What made a brangus and brangus, the extra leather and ear.. Take it off, shorten them, and what do you have???
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:53 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:

I have a handful of cows like this. Will be approximately 75% angus 25% flec sim though now. But, love when I get them. My fave. I have one I named Rachael Dratch.. I have no idea why I call her that still other than when she was a calf she had this funny look on her face and I called her Rachael Dratch and it stuck.. Our original bulls in the 80s were the big lanky rough sims. Was a fad thing I know, but I have no regrets in getting into them. When my daughters started showing them in the 90s, you'd better have a solid color or the judges wouldn't take a second look at them. There weren't any blacks until the late 90s when my daughters were getting out of showing sims, the last to show reg got into angus... I have no idea where they are now, other than the ones I've seen. Seems most people like them to have a white face now so I guess they are gluing that back on. The solid blacks I've seen look either like a angus, brangus, limo... and these are just the ones I've seen around here people are buying. The brangus is another shocker, just an angus now. What made a brangus and brangus, the extra leather and ear.. Take it off, shorten them, and what do you have???

Surly you can't be serious. If you take the Brahma out of the equation your left with Angus.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:05 pm

What is this Angus cow you speak of? Is that kinda likd a Simmental?
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:34 pm

M-5 wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:

Surly you can't be serious. If you take the Brahma out of the equation your left with Angus.

And you just answered my question....
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:37 pm

Ol' 243 wrote:What is this Angus cow you speak of? Is that kinda likd a Simmental?

I know you think you're being funny, but you just come off as a little punk standing behind his even punkier friends. Sad sad sad....
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:38 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
M-5 wrote:Surly you can't be serious. If you take the Brahma out of the equation your left with Angus.

Have you not seen the new improved brangus? No ear, no leather....
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:38 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
M-5 wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:I have a handful of cows like this. Will be approximately 75% angus 25% flec sim though now. But, love when I get them. My fave. I have one I named Rachael Dratch.. I have no idea why I call her that still other than when she was a calf she had this funny look on her face and I called her Rachael Dratch and it stuck.. Our original bulls in the 80s were the big lanky rough sims. Was a fad thing I know, but I have no regrets in getting into them. When my daughters started showing them in the 90s, you'd better have a solid color or the judges wouldn't take a second look at them. There weren't any blacks until the late 90s when my daughters were getting out of showing sims, the last to show reg got into angus... I have no idea where they are now, other than the ones I've seen. Seems most people like them to have a white face now so I guess they are gluing that back on. The solid blacks I've seen look either like a angus, brangus, limo... and these are just the ones I've seen around here people are buying. The brangus is another shocker, just an angus now. What made a brangus and brangus, the extra leather and ear.. Take it off, shorten them, and what do you have???

Do you not know thst bos indicus and bos Taurus are different?
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:48 pm

M-5 wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:
M-5 wrote:

Not understanding how your question pertains to brangus looking like angus now....
0 x

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:00 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
Ol' 243 wrote:What is this Angus cow you speak of? Is that kinda likd a Simmental?

I know you think you're being funny, but you just come off as a little punk standing behind his even punkier friends. Sad sad sad....

I wasn't talking to you_____, grown ups are talking here, mind your own business.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:01 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
M-5 wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:And you just answered my question....

Not understanding how your question pertains to brangus looking like angus now....

They don't , maybe you should explore your horizons , the brimer pimps will be here shortly to correct you.
0 x

Boot Jack Bulls
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Boot Jack Bulls » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:05 pm

ClinchValley wrote:He is going to hit the trailer next week. I'd have to say, i'm slowly figuring out what a good animal is built like. This little feller is certainly pinched up. Went to take a picture, then decided no need.

Thanks for the lesson folks.

Clinch, if you have Limi cross cows, I think Angus is a good way to go. We have always had really good luck making those Lim-Flex calves. Just look for a bull that makes up for the Limi weaknesses, in my eyes this would be a general lack of marbling ability and often more framey, rangey cows that need to be cleaned up and moderated in FS a bit. :2cents:
0 x
Boot Jack Cattle LLC & Boot Jack Boers

Return to “Breeds Board”