Blaze Face Simm Bull

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Re: Blaze Face Simm Bull

Postby backhoeboogie » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:58 pm

M-5 wrote:They don't , maybe you should explore your horizons , the brimer pimps will be here shortly to correct you.

M-5 that's a hopeless endeavor. No comprehension there. Just leave it confused.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:33 pm

The poster stated the cow AND the bull are Simmental. Black hide in no way makes them mostly Angus. I totally agree with, IGNORE CG8. What an uneducated statement.
If the sire was red, and the cow is black, this bull calf is heterozygous black. Meaning he is carrying 1 black gene and 1 red gene. No percentages - just 1 red & 1 blk gene.
I personally thought at 6 months he looks pretty darn good. Yeah, I would like to see a little more middle to him, but he shows great length & appears to have good muscling.
Yes, you will get heterosis. Yes, crossing british breeds with continental breeds give you MORE heterosis then when you cross two from the same group of breeds.
0 x
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

ClinchValley
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby ClinchValley » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:14 am

Jeanne - Simme Valley wrote:I personally thought at 6 months he looks pretty darn good. Yeah, I would like to see a little more middle to him, but he shows great length & appears to have good muscling.

Hey! There's a little encouragement. He needed that. :)
At first, i really thought he may end up looking good. Now I am hung up on the midsection. I MAY let him skip the trailer this week. Throw him up and give some feed. See what he does.

Might get another picture, hopefully better Q.
0 x
I am forever in the pursuit of more knowledge and wisdom. For I will always be "green."

Return to “Breeds Board”