Effect Solar Eclipse will have

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
FlyingLSimmentals
GURU
GURU

Effect Solar Eclipse will have

Postby FlyingLSimmentals » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:00 pm

on the wildlife and livestock. Someone asked dad that today. I figure it won't bother them, it's not gonna bother me. After all its just a short period of time. I don't know, maybe the turkey will roost in the middle of the day.
0 x

snoopdog
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Effect Solar Eclipse will have

Postby snoopdog » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Not much if not in the direct path of darkness , me thinks . However me and the misses are taking a short trip to watch and I have several due anytime, so murphy will probably make his presence known .
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:06 pm

I'm gonna stall my horses. I really hope we don't get the crowds here they are predicting.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:19 pm

Not the first total eclipse that ever happened.
I don't expect to see any chaos with the cows, but over on the hobby boards, all the goat people are scared their goats and sheep are gonna go nuts, as well as those high price Livestock Guardian Dogs they all gotta have.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:30 pm

greybeard wrote:Not the first total eclipse that ever happened.
I don't expect to see any chaos with the cows, but over on the hobby boards, all the goat people are scared their goats and sheep are gonna go nuts, as well as those high price Livestock Guardian Dogs they all gotta have.

We're the longest duration here. "Supposedly " were going to experience total darkness. NASA has rented the high school. The Vatican has sent their scientist. Every hotel room in town is booked. Several have rented their homes. About every parking place in town is spoken for.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:33 pm

Bigfoot wrote:

We're the longest duration here. "Supposedly " were going to experience total darkness. NASA has rented the high school. The Vatican has sent their scientist. Every hotel room in town is booked. Several have rented their homes. About every parking place in town is spoken for.

Hillbillies and scientists along with tourists should be some good stories come out of this.
0 x
Grandpa always said never trust a banker,lawyer,preacher or guvmit man. They will steal from widows and orphans.

kickinbull
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby kickinbull » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:36 pm

The last time I remember an eclipse we had cows calve that were way off date. I think 3 that day. Also talking to out veterinary it happens a lot.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:39 pm

Bigfoot wrote:

Lexington station had a story on it. They are setting up emergency centers and the state has agencies making preparations for special needs and traffic.
0 x

FlyingLSimmentals
GURU
GURU

Postby FlyingLSimmentals » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:26 pm

Yeah everyone is saying it is gonna be chaotic and the area swarmed. I personally thought I'll just go on about my business and treat it like a typical day on the farm but now I'm thinking on watching it and joining the crowd. Heard someone nearby rented their house out for $5000 a night for 3 nights. My church is gonna be packed and will be shuttling people back and forth to the Sol Quest event in Christian County. Figure highway 91 is going to be bumper to bumper. I don't know, the patio sounds better all the time. Might just sit around with the shotgun looking for green men or science nuts trespassing or something.
Figure the animals have more sense and will go on being animals and do their thing for 2 minutes.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:38 pm

Sounds to me like the stupid hubbub of Y2K
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Ouachita
GURU
GURU

Postby Ouachita » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:57 pm

dun wrote:Sounds to me like the stupid hubbub of Y2K

Me too, but I'm driving north hoping to find a rural county back road so my kids and grandkids can see it. What is your address in case I get lost?
0 x
If a really diligent man puts all of his energy into the exclusive effort, a molehill can be made into a mountain

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Postby Stocker Steve » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:21 am

Caustic Burno wrote: Hillbillies and scientists along with tourists should be some good stories come out of this.

The sheep and goats are right to be scared.
0 x
Stocker Steve

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Postby Stocker Steve » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:25 am

Bigfoot wrote:We're the longest duration here. "Supposedly " were going to experience total darkness. NASA has rented the high school. The Vatican has sent their scientist. Every hotel room in town is booked. Several have rented their homes. About every parking place in town is spoken for.

I heard that the boys are brewing some special black out eclipse shine for tourists. :nod:
0 x
Stocker Steve

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:44 am

One side effect of the eclipse is shutting me down on the air arc project I had planned. Not a #14 shade to be had anywhere. I even called my buddies at the mine.....they've been wiped out too.
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:37 am

Stocker Steve wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:We're the longest duration here. "Supposedly " were going to experience total darkness. NASA has rented the high school. The Vatican has sent their scientist. Every hotel room in town is booked. Several have rented their homes. About every parking place in town is spoken for.

I heard that the boys are brewing some special black out eclipse shine for tourists. :nod:

Yes the brewing of beer, making of wine, and distilling whiskey is turning it to quit the business here.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”