Used S04 Price

The place to start if you are new!
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: Used S04 Price

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:26 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:What ever you do don't use oil on the locks..the one I bought,the foreman put motor oil in them and they won't hold.takes a while to get them back working right.....use WD40...

+1. There are tension locks on each side of head gate and one on top for the squeeze.

They keep taking up slack. I like the technology.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:52 pm

Priefert says to not lubricate them. If ours has been sitting a long time, I squirt WD40 in them to loosen anything in the latch then hose it down inside and out with starting either to get the lubricant out.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

ClinchValley
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby ClinchValley » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:07 am

I have used a neighbors a time or two. He uses white lithium grease on his, locks, latches, rollers, everything. It seemed that the last time i helped him the catch wasn't staying shut. They were pulling out of it. Had to physically hold the lever while he did his thing. I'm assuming the thick grease is the culprit…

I went over it last night with lube. Everything except for those two roller lock mechanisms. I had seen on their website it says to use WD40 only.
0 x
I am forever in the pursuit of more knowledge and wisdom. For I will always be "green."

Gators Rule
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Gators Rule » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:21 am

use anything other than WD40 and you will most likely regret it. I try to keep mine pressure washed, as it will help prevent rust.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:25 am

I wash mine immediately after each use. Manure and urine are tough. The one negative is the paint coat. Mine has peeled in places. The best paint coat in the world is Caterpillar. It stays and stays.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:29 am

Anyone use this stuff? It was recommended to me for my tongue latch on my trailer and it works really well. Wondering about the chute?

0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:29 am

Bright Raven wrote:I wash mine immediately after each use. Manure and urine are tough. The one negative is the paint coat. Mine has peeled in places. The best paint coat in the world is Caterpillar. It stays and stays.

If you contact Priefert they will probably send you paint for it for free
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

BigBear
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby BigBear » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:54 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:What ever you do don't use oil on the locks..the one I bought,the foreman put motor oil in them and they won't hold.takes a while to get them back working right.....use WD40...

That's a fact Jack! The dealer I bought mine from was adamant about that. Oil or grease will collect dust and gum them up.
0 x
Well he's tall in the saddle, short on the cash
The last to quit, the first to buy the beer

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:50 pm

slick4591 wrote:Anyone use this stuff? It was recommended to me for my tongue latch on my trailer and it works really well. Wondering about the chute?

That's stuff is great for lots of things.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:59 pm

ClinchValley wrote:I have used a neighbors a time or two. He uses white lithium grease on his, locks, latches, rollers, everything. It seemed that the last time i helped him the catch wasn't staying shut. They were pulling out of it. Had to physically hold the lever while he did his thing. I'm assuming the thick grease is the culprit…

I went over it last night with lube. Everything except for those two roller lock mechanisms. I had seen on their website it says to use WD40 only.
. There's a couple more of the locks on top
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

ClinchValley
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby ClinchValley » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:28 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:
ClinchValley wrote:I have used a neighbors a time or two. He uses white lithium grease on his, locks, latches, rollers, everything. It seemed that the last time i helped him the catch wasn't staying shut. They were pulling out of it. Had to physically hold the lever while he did his thing. I'm assuming the thick grease is the culprit…

Thanks, i saw those yesterday.

I watched a video on how to use it right, they've thought of about everything haven't they… We hated to spend that much money, even at that price. But i think/hope we've bought into a lifetime thing with Priefert. I'm thinking we should be able to get our money back when/if we sell it.
0 x
I am forever in the pursuit of more knowledge and wisdom. For I will always be "green."

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:43 am

If you don't its one of the few things that's worth the money spent...I bought mine second hand to..it's handy as a pocket knife.. Wouldn't want to be without it now....done got spoiled...
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:47 am

ClinchValley wrote:
ALACOWMAN wrote:

Thanks, i saw those yesterday.

I watched a video on how to use it right, they've thought of about everything haven't they… We hated to spend that much money, even at that price. But i think/hope we've bought into a lifetime thing with Priefert. I'm thinking we should be able to get our money back when/if we sell it.

The video is excellent. You will benefit watching it. The guy who does the demo has been with them a longtime and has made design suggestions
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:27 pm

jedstivers wrote:
slick4591 wrote:Anyone use this stuff? It was recommended to me for my tongue latch on my trailer and it works really well. Wondering about the chute?

Thanks. Great to now as I've only dared to use it on my trailers.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:06 pm

slick4591 wrote:
jedstivers wrote:

Thanks. Great to now as I've only dared to use it on my trailers.

What's it called ? can't read it,,picture is blurred...
0 x

Return to “Beginners Board”