Effect Solar Eclipse will have

Discuss your favorite team, latest hunting info and ranch leases.
Ky hills
GURU
GURU

Re: Effect Solar Eclipse will have

Postby Ky hills » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:54 pm

When's it supposed to happen, I ain't thought much about it, saw some headlines but never paid any mind to them. Sounds like the chickens might go to roost, doubt if it will cause them to lay twice that day though.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:15 pm

I think at a few minutes after 1:00, and we'll be in darkness like 2 minutes and 42 seconds.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:05 am

This is about the best map I've seen.
https://eclipse2017.nasa.gov/eclipse-maps
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Postby Stocker Steve » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:02 am

Bigfoot wrote:I think at a few minutes after 1:00, and we'll be in darkness like 2 minutes and 42 seconds.

Could be a good day to go fishing.
0 x
Stocker Steve

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:58 am

Bigfoot wrote:I'm gonna stall my horses. I really hope we don't get the crowds here they are predicting.

Saw on the news where some lady had an 80 acre farm right in the path where total darkness is suppose to occur. Advertised camping and 400 people have paid $1500 each to use her place to see it.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

dieselbeef
GURU
GURU

Postby dieselbeef » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:29 pm

the days leading up to the eclipse will be filled with false news and riots and protests
0 x
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
einstein

sooner or later im gonna be all beefmasters...probly be later

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:51 pm

dieselbeef wrote:the days leading up to the eclipse will be filled with false news and riots and protests

:lol2: :lol2:
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:10 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:I'm gonna stall my horses. I really hope we don't get the crowds here they are predicting.

Saw on the news where some lady had an 80 acre farm right in the path where total darkness is suppose to occur. Advertised camping and 400 people have paid $1500 each to use her place to see it.

Ground zero is just a few miles from my house. NASA rented it a long time ago. I actually own the highest point near ground zero. Kinda kicking myself for not getting in on it. Really couldn't picture a bunch of yahoos camping on my place. Especially if it came a big rain.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:26 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

Ground zero is just a few miles from my house. NASA rented it a long time ago. I actually own the highest point near ground zero. Kinda kicking myself for not getting in on it. Really couldn't picture a bunch of yahoos camping on my place. Especially if it came a big rain.

No joke It would have looked like another Woodstock aftermath.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:11 pm

greybeard wrote:Not the first total eclipse that ever happened.
I don't expect to see any chaos with the cows, but over on the hobby boards, all the goat people are scared their goats and sheep are gonna go nuts, as well as those high price Livestock Guardian Dogs they all gotta have.

What in Sam hill you doing on a goat forum? 8)
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:58 pm

I wasn't paying much attention the the whole thing... but like Bigfoot, I live in pretty much the center of it all when it passes over. Schools and businesses are closed down for the day... I'm probably gonna be out with the cattle and watch the thing unfold.
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:39 pm

TN Cattle Man wrote:I wasn't paying much attention the the whole thing... but like Bigfoot, I live in pretty much the center of it all when it passes over. Schools and businesses are closed down for the day... I'm probably gonna be out with the cattle and watch the thing unfold.

Be sure to some of those tacky glasses.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:05 pm

The effect here is you can't find a hotel room in Oregon. They are predicting that south bound traffic on I-5 will be at a stand still that morning. And probably the same thing north bound later in the day. Eastern Oregon is really booked up because there is always a chance of cloudy weather in western Oregon. I am too far north for the total eclipse and I really don't care. With any luck at all it will be raining. We really need the rain.
0 x

tom4018
GURU
GURU

Postby tom4018 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:21 pm

Bowling Green is saying about 50,000 extra people in the area, what are they saying in your area.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:23 pm

tom4018 wrote:

Bowling Green is saying about 50,000 extra people in the area, what are they saying in your area.

100,000. I don't see it happening though.
0 x

Return to “Sports, Hunting, Fishing and Wildlife”