Using expired La200

The place to start if you are new!
bird dog
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Using expired La200

Postby bird dog » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:11 pm

I used a 2015 expiration bottle on a pinkeye case last week. I gave the heifer 2 doses, three days apart. I moved her into a pen to keep her in the shade for the first three days. This morning on day 9, all that is left is the blue spot in the middle.

I think putting them in the shade is very important. A patch should do the same. Also the bottle I used has been stored at room temperature. I wouldn't use a bottle thats been rolling around in the truck for a couple years.
0 x

tdc_cattle
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby tdc_cattle » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:21 am

Son of Butch wrote:
gizmom wrote:Would you treat your kids with expired medicine?
Gizmom

Yes, when properly stored... same with milk and food.
But what doctor writes children's prescriptions for antibiotics so large there is any extra left over?
Animals are not children, no matter what 21st century Americans believe.

I took some that had expired in 2012 just 'this morning.

I had a beer that was about ten years old once, pretty skunky won't do that again.
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:04 am

I'd only consider it if it's an unopened bottle.. I have a bottle of Trivetrin that was unopened and expired in 2012 that I opened this year to use on some calves and it worked well... I hardly ever use the stuff so I gotta have a bottle in stock, but to keep an in-date bottle is hopeless
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Return to “Beginners Board”