End Rot/yellowing plants = calcium issue

From the latest tomato tips to sweetcorn calamities, share your experiences in the garden.
ClinchValley
Rancher
Rancher

Re: End Rot/yellowing plants = calcium issue

Postby ClinchValley » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:28 am

Nutrient lockout is a devastating thing. I always use a little lime in the soil. It cannot hurt has been my experience. Worst its going to do is be wasted. A PH of 7 is a 7 is a 7.

Have you all ever tested PH of our water? Makes ya wonder what the affect is on our bodies with tap water in the range or 7.5-8.5. At least that's what I have found often to be the case. CANNOT BE GOOD.
0 x
I am forever in the pursuit of more knowledge and wisdom. For I will always be "green."

3waycross
Mentor
Mentor

Postby 3waycross » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:51 pm

there is a liquid supplement call Cal-Mag that fixes most tomato problems.....they sell it here at the Pot growing store. They also sell some of the best liquid fertilizers I have seen. Apparently what is good for weed is also good for tomatos
0 x
USA.......... ride for the brand or get out!

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:29 pm

3waycross wrote:there is a liquid supplement call Cal-Mag that fixes most tomato problems.....they sell it here at the Pot growing store. They also sell some of the best liquid fertilizers I have seen. Apparently what is good for weed is also good for tomatos

:lol: Yea I have some but what I have also found is using milk and water to water them helps a great deal too.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Return to “Gardening”