Always Late

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
herofan
GURU
GURU

Always Late

Postby herofan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:38 pm

I suppose there is nothing that gets under my skin worse than someone who can't ever be on time. I've known a few people like that all my life.

Unless there is an unavoidable circumstance, which can happen to anybody, I am always on time. I don't care if it's ten minutes from the house or two hours, I'm on time. It's never been something I had to conquer or something that took a lot of deep understanding to figure out; I can tell time and I can estimate travel time, especially if it is somewhere I go all the time, such as work. That's why it puzzles me as to why some people can never be on time for anything. The most puzzling are the one's who always have to be 5 or 10 minutes late to everything.

I've never actually heard a good explanation from anyone as to why otherwise normal people can never be on time. Is it a state of mind? Do they view time differently than me? Can anyone explain it?
0 x

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Re: Always Late

Postby ga.prime » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:47 pm

In polite terms, they're lazy.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:56 pm

I find the GPS very handy if I have an appointment a couple of hours away. I set it to navigate whether I know my way or not and it keeps track of my ETA.

Ken
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:25 pm

If I get there only 10 minutes before I should I'm late in my mind!
1 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:33 pm

dun wrote:If I get there only 10 minutes before I should I'm late in my mind!

I always arrive early.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:34 pm

If my wife is with me we're going to be late. I've been trying to leave since yesterday and she still isn't ready.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

cow pollinater
GURU
GURU

Postby cow pollinater » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:37 pm

I give others some leeway on time but I consider it dishonest if I'm not where I said I'd be at a certain time. If it's close by then I'm ten minutes early. If it's far away then it might be as much as an hour if none of the stuff I planned for goes wrong.
My wife used to run late constantly. I left without her a few times. Once I told her that I thought it was dishonest she at least tries to be on time.
0 x

Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Postby Cross-7 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:42 pm

The big boss taught me that many, many years ago.
Wed get there early and get the job done.
If we finished up early we took off early, but there was zero tolerance for being late.

If you're weren't 10 mins early you were considered tardy and tardiness was unacceptable.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:44 pm

I'm like CP. I want to be in the parking lot 10 minutes before time and luckily my wife is the same way.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:50 pm

I have carried out functions with a number of native American Reservations. If you have never had that experience, then you have not experienced tardiness. I know one case where the group we were meeting with arrived a day late.
0 x

zirlottkim
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby zirlottkim » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:56 pm

I cant stand being late but also cant handle waiting on people that are late. Which is why my blood pressure is always very high when at a Dr. appointment.
1 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:32 pm

herofan wrote:I suppose there is nothing that gets under my skin worse than someone who can't ever be on time. I've known a few people like that all my life.

Unless there is an unavoidable circumstance, which can happen to anybody, I am always on time. I don't care if it's ten minutes from the house or two hours, I'm on time. It's never been something I had to conquer or something that took a lot of deep understanding to figure out; I can tell time and I can estimate travel time, especially if it is somewhere I go all the time, such as work. That's why it puzzles me as to why some people can never be on time for anything. The most puzzling are the one's who always have to be 5 or 10 minutes late to everything.

I've never actually heard a good explanation from anyone as to why otherwise normal people can never be on time. Is it a state of mind? Do they view time differently than me? Can anyone explain it?

You and I would get along great. I feel the exact same way. When you get the answer let me know. Always said if you want to impress me come early.....don't stay late !!!!
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:35 pm

Lombardi time.

I've been on it since I was 13 or 14 years old and my coach introduced us to the consequences of being tardy.
2 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:49 pm

I like being on time,, not one for standing in line...people are rude as heck..you can be standing at a door when open,, and folks will walk around you going in... No common courtesy anymore...
1 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

D2Cat
Rancher
Rancher

Postby D2Cat » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:13 pm

I think many people who are habitually late do it as an attention getter.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”