Always Late

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
dun
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Always Late

Postby dun » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:27 pm

cow pollinater wrote:My wife used to run late constantly. I left without her a few times.

My ex was the same way. I left without her a couple of times and that took care of it or me too. She never came with me again, and notice the "ex" part
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:37 am

I guess it's part of my Swiss heritage, I am a stickler for being on time.. sure, there are unforeseen events that can delay you (especially in air travel), but I leave with enough time to get there, or drive like a madman.

I don't like being too early either.. it's a balance, and it depends on who you're meeting. Going to work, you should be prepared to work when work starts, not putting on your boots, then going to the washroom, then finding something, etc.

On a separate note, I consider decent spelling (at least not lazy spelling) and using the correct word an equivalent display of respect as being timely.
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:08 am

Being late is bad enough but,,I hate it when they finally get there.. And ain't got their crap together,, having to do this or that,forgot this..taking about 15 min. longer even while their there...
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:15 am

herofan wrote:I've never actually heard a good explanation from anyone as to why otherwise normal people can never be on time.
A person who views their self as better than others feels no need to justify their actions to a lesser.
Or you don't listen because you don't like the answer.

Is it a state of mind?
Yes

Do they view time differently than me?
Not the concept of time, but many view my time and your time differently.

Can anyone explain it?
Certainly, but most just want to whine about their feelings without deeper thought.
(I feel angry when certain individuals are always late.)
Their desire is often either an apology to ease their hurt feelings of being slighted (acknowledge me as your equal) or a desire to control their environment by modifying the behavior of others.
Anal retentive squares who are always on time don't understand fashionably late and others may have trouble comprehending the reasons for passive aggressive behavior.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:06 am

We've got a couple that are always late, 15 minutes to half an hour. We've gotten around it by always telling them that the time is a half hour earlier then we expect them. We;re 10-15 minutes early based on when we are really going to start and they usually arrive shortly after us. In 20 years they've never been there waiting for us or surprised is with their punctuality
0 x

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:22 am

I'm always late for the green light but am very punctual. I don't like having to wait on anyone if we've agreed on a time. Once had a boss who was always late. He would tell me to meet him at Shoney's at 7:00 a.m but would always be an hour late. This was an hour's drive for me. After several waits I began showing up at 7:45 and was always there before he got there.
1 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Ryder
GURU
GURU

Postby Ryder » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:36 pm

People that are late are stealing that amount of time from those waiting on them. They are not respecting you or your life.
When you lose time waiting they owe you that much time back at the end of your life.
I don't know how to get time back from them and that is what bugs me.

If you, the meeting, or whatever starts on time and they come in late, that screws up the energy---the momentum. Efficiency is damaged.
3 x
Ryder

Deo Vindice

shaz
GURU
GURU

Postby shaz » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:07 pm

I've had to drive 90mph to the Nashville airport twice now because my wife can't figure out when it's time to leave the effing house!
0 x
Grab the bull by the horns.....then what are you supposed to do?

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:59 pm

shaz wrote:I've had to drive 90mph to the Nashville airport twice now because my wife can't figure out when it's time to leave the effing house!

We had a similar a while back but it was a tire starting to go flat when we were 10 miles from the house heading to the airport. Had to limp home and get her car
0 x

herofan
GURU
GURU

Postby herofan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:28 pm

Wow. This is a subject that everyone here seems to agree on. I saw this very topic discussed on another forum, of which appears to be comprised of mostly city slickers, and many of them wanted to make excuses as to why being late was ok.
0 x

jkwilson
GURU
GURU

Postby jkwilson » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:24 pm

My wife always runs right to the limit and is often late. Drives me crazy. I generally try to be 10 or 15 minutes early for things. If the trip goes well, I have time to hit the restroom or grab a cup of coffee or something cold. If I get caught in traffic I can still be on time. Never get stressed out driving when you leave on time.

My wife got sent home from the doctor once for being late. Appointment card said "If this is your first visit to our office, please arrive one half hour early to take care of insurance paperwork and medical history." She walked in 3 minutes before her appointment and was told she was late and she would have to reschedule. She was PO'd. I laughed. To myself. I'm not stupid.
2 x

melking
GURU
GURU

Postby melking » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:22 pm

My mother always said, "if you are not 30 minutes early, you are 15 minutes late"
0 x
One thing you will never hear a southern boy say....Duct tape won't fix that, except, even duct tape can't fix stupid. It can, however, muffle it.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:08 pm

jkwilson wrote:My wife always runs right to the limit and is often late. Drives me crazy. I generally try to be 10 or 15 minutes early for things. If the trip goes well, I have time to hit the restroom or grab a cup of coffee or something cold. If I get caught in traffic I can still be on time. Never get stressed out driving when you leave on time.

My wife got sent home from the doctor once for being late. Appointment card said "If this is your first visit to our office, please arrive one half hour early to take care of insurance paperwork and medical history." She walked in 3 minutes before her appointment and was told she was late and she would have to reschedule. She was PO'd. I laughed. To myself. I'm not stupid.
but its a different story when the Dr.Is late. Are talking to nurses about what they did over the weekend..while you sit in waiting room number 3...alway try to schedule my appointment near dinner, or quiting time..
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Listillilia
Beginner
Beginner

View first unread post

Postby Listillilia » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:27 am

Where am i looking for it? We cant see a View first unread post. Got it. Its very good. What was there before? A&M
0 x

Highpoint
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Highpoint » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:20 pm

I've hired many people over many years and I tell them that people are consistently late do not really want to be there and if they don't really want to there I want them to find a place they can be happy.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”