Pictures of Bulls Wanted

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

cattleman99
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:24 pm
Location: Great White North

Re: Pictures of Bulls Wanted

Postby cattleman99 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:10 am

Art is a funny thing. What I find amazing you might see as scribbles. Same goes the other way. There is no right or wrong. Rather it's whether people are willing to,pay enough for the artist to make a living at it or not. If they are he or she is successful.
2 x

User avatar
Black and Good
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1467
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:21 am
Location: Eastern Kansas

Re: Pictures of Bulls Wanted

Postby Black and Good » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:20 am

Walnut, I'll have to get down town soon and see that. Troy is a nice guy. Thanks for updating. B&G
0 x
WARNING! These Cattle get in your blood. Hope you have credit or a thick checkbook! LOL

WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:01 pm
Location: Northeast KS (USA)
Contact:

Re: Pictures of Bulls Wanted

Postby WalnutCrest » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:58 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
JWBrahman wrote:Interesting.

Long explanations about why something is ART usually means it isn't. You can tell he studied at an art institute. Very inside the box.

He has some good stuff going on, but didn't develop it enough. Probably should have done fewer paintings. The old Dutch painters understood how to complete an image.

Thanks for sharing.


Probably the most outstanding backhanded complement I have ever read.


It's more of an exhibit of his ignorance than a back handed compliment to the artist. While JWB knows a ton about cattle, it would appear he had very limited understanding of art.
0 x
Fullblood Aubrac & Mashona Cattle

WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:01 pm
Location: Northeast KS (USA)
Contact:

Re: Pictures of Bulls Wanted

Postby WalnutCrest » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:59 am

callmefence wrote:Probably just me, and I'm sorry.
But is it one of those kinda pictures where you have to stare at it a while from just the right angle to see the bull?


Some bulls... some rams...some antelopes.
0 x
Fullblood Aubrac & Mashona Cattle

WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:01 pm
Location: Northeast KS (USA)
Contact:

Re: Pictures of Bulls Wanted

Postby WalnutCrest » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:00 am

cattleman99 wrote:Art is a funny thing. What I find amazing you might see as scribbles. Same goes the other way. There is no right or wrong. Rather it's whether people are willing to,pay enough for the artist to make a living at it or not. If they are he or she is successful.


If making a living as an artist is the requirement for success, Van Gogh was a failure. His paintings only sold after his death...
1 x
Fullblood Aubrac & Mashona Cattle

WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:01 pm
Location: Northeast KS (USA)
Contact:

Re: Pictures of Bulls Wanted

Postby WalnutCrest » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:02 am

Black and Good wrote:Walnut, I'll have to get down town soon and see that. Troy is a nice guy. Thanks for updating. B&G


Yes he is. I'm very proud of him. He had an enormously stressful two year period covering these paintings. Three emotion is very evident to those paying afternoon.
0 x
Fullblood Aubrac & Mashona Cattle

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3461
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Pictures of Bulls Wanted

Postby callmefence » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:10 am

WalnutCrest wrote:
callmefence wrote:Probably just me, and I'm sorry.
But is it one of those kinda pictures where you have to stare at it a while from just the right angle to see the bull?


Some bulls... some rams...some antelopes.


Wow he is good I'm still trying to find the bull.
Btw. Before becoming a elementary principal my mom was a art teacher, maybe she can find the bull.
My grandmother was a art teacher and accomplished painter. When I get home I'll post some art.
0 x
IF IT AIN'T TIGHT IT AIN'T RIGHT...


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13895
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: heart of dixie

Re: Pictures of Bulls Wanted

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:19 am

callmefence wrote:... you have to stare at it a while from just the right angle to see the bull?

Kinda like my bull then...
1 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

JWBrahman
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1406
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:48 am

Re: Pictures of Bulls Wanted

Postby JWBrahman » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:23 pm

Don't mind me WC. What I know about art could be painlessly engraved on my testicles.

But if my buddy has a Ford GT 40 & I'm driving a Ford Pinto...well, we both have a Ford. We both have a car. Difference is I can leave the keys in my ignition and nobody will steal it.

Pretty sure some art I made is in the White House...
0 x

WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:01 pm
Location: Northeast KS (USA)
Contact:

Re: Pictures of Bulls Wanted

Postby WalnutCrest » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:59 pm

JWBrahman wrote:Don't mind me WC. What I know about art could be painlessly engraved on my testicles.


WOW!! Congratulations!!

I hadn't pegged you as such a braggart!

JWBrahman wrote:But if my buddy has a Ford GT 40 & I'm driving a Ford Pinto...well, we both have a Ford. We both have a car. Difference is I can leave the keys in my ignition and nobody will steal it.


True! Transportation is still transportation... plus, the pinto can go farther per gallon.

JWBrahman wrote:Pretty sure some art I made is in the White House...


The matching macaroni necklaces you made for Ivanka and Melania were sadly pitched.
0 x
Fullblood Aubrac & Mashona Cattle

JWBrahman
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1406
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:48 am

Re: Pictures of Bulls Wanted

Postby JWBrahman » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:04 pm

Well, the hardest thing you can teach a child in school is the importance of revising your work. I guess you could call it old school. First you gather the information in an outline. Then you write a first draft.
Check that for errors, move words around, maybe delete or add a sentence.
When that is finished it's called the second draft.
That's when it's time to let someone else read it to see if you have efffectively communicated with the reader.
After you receive feedback and make changes you have the final draft.

John Biggers paintings are final drafts.
The animal paintings have potential, but they are still only outlines or maybe first drafts.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13895
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: heart of dixie

Re: Pictures of Bulls Wanted

Postby ALACOWMAN » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:08 pm

The matching macaroni necklaces you made for Ivanka and Melania were sadly pitched.[/quote] all of a sudden,, I'm craving pasta...
1 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:01 pm
Location: Northeast KS (USA)
Contact:

Re: Pictures of Bulls Wanted

Postby WalnutCrest » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:59 pm

JWBrahman wrote:Well, the hardest thing you can teach a child in school is the importance of revising your work. I guess you could call it old school. First you gather the information in an outline. Then you write a first draft.
Check that for errors, move words around, maybe delete or add a sentence.
When that is finished it's called the second draft.
That's when it's time to let someone else read it to see if you have efffectively communicated with the reader.
After you receive feedback and make changes you have the final draft.

John Biggers paintings are final drafts.
The animal paintings have potential, but they are still only outlines or maybe first drafts.


Biggers appears quite proficient.

Is he more proficient than Picasso? Or Dali? Or Van Gogh? Or Rockwell?

They're all very different and have different contributions to the interaction between the world and our emotions.
0 x
Fullblood Aubrac & Mashona Cattle

WalnutCrest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2200
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:01 pm
Location: Northeast KS (USA)
Contact:

Re: Pictures of Bulls Wanted

Postby WalnutCrest » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:01 pm

Oh, and there are a few of these paintings I personally don't care for in the least... that were purchased by someone else before the showing even opened.
0 x
Fullblood Aubrac & Mashona Cattle

JWBrahman
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1406
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:48 am

Re: Pictures of Bulls Wanted

Postby JWBrahman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:40 am

Art sales are twice as shady as any cattle auction where bulls are sold but nobody saw money exchanged.

As a white, heterosexual male your buddy has to work twice as hard for half the money. His paintings have to be ten times as profficient to be recognized. Because an Iranian lesbian or some other "disadvantaged minority" will always get to cut him in line

He will be attacked by the Antifa terrorists whose goal is to destroy American Art. He will be attacked by PETA fanatics whose goal is to permanently end animal agriculture.

So his paintings HAVE to be good. Da-n good. So good nobody can deny their worth.

That's why I used John Biggers as an example. He was not part of the black establishment. He would never have made it with first draft paintings. It was the quality of his product that caught the attention of white Houston, who helped him get the recognition he deserved.
0 x


Return to “Breeds Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 8 guests