Guess the youngest

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3163
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Guess the youngest

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:58 pm

These three are left to right Sired by: Uno Mas, Built Right, Upgrade.

The Upgrade is the youngest. DOB left to right.
4/11/16
5/2/16
9/13/16

Image
0 x

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10368
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Guess the youngest

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:05 pm

I don't want your feed bill.
1 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3163
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Guess the youngest

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:09 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:I don't want your feed bill.


Haha.
0 x

elkwc
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:21 pm

Re: Guess the youngest

Postby elkwc » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:25 pm

Without seeing more of them it would be hard to guess. Really like the outside two from what I can see.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13890
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: heart of dixie

Re: Guess the youngest

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:55 pm

Had the one on the right, by the tail switch....
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3163
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Guess the youngest

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:16 pm

ALACOWMAN wrote:Had the one on the right, by the tail switch....


Went out one morning in February. Was one of those, thaw in the day - freeze at night periods. She was sporting a bloody stub. Saw her switch frozen in a puddle of ice. I assume she laid down, froze in the ice, pulled off when she rose.
0 x

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3163
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Guess the youngest

Postby Bright Raven » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:19 pm

elkwc wrote:Without seeing more of them it would be hard to guess. Really like the outside two from what I can see.


The two outside ones are about 2 months confirmed AI bred. The one on the far right will be bred in December at 15 months. She is a year old and easily a 1000 pounds.
0 x

Franke
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:42 pm
Location: SE MN

Re: Guess the youngest

Postby Franke » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:36 pm

Can really see the upgrade in the left one.
0 x

elkwc
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 650
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:21 pm

Re: Guess the youngest

Postby elkwc » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:37 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
elkwc wrote:Without seeing more of them it would be hard to guess. Really like the outside two from what I can see.


The two outside ones are about 2 months confirmed AI bred. The one on the far right will be bred in December at 15 months. She is a year old and easily a 1000 pounds.


On my cell phone I never noticed their birthdates. The Uno Mas and the Upgrade heifers are outstanding and would be good regardless of their color. I assume you will keep them as replacements?
0 x

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3163
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Guess the youngest

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:14 am

elkwc wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
elkwc wrote:Without seeing more of them it would be hard to guess. Really like the outside two from what I can see.


The two outside ones are about 2 months confirmed AI bred. The one on the far right will be bred in December at 15 months. She is a year old and easily a 1000 pounds.


On my cell phone I never noticed their birthdates. The Uno Mas and the Upgrade heifers are outstanding and would be good regardless of their color. I assume you will keep them as replacements?


The Uno Mas is bred to Elevate and is sold. The Upgrade will be bred in December and will be a replacement. I have another Upgrade that is the same age as the Upgrade ( far right) that I will sell as a bred next spring.
0 x

User avatar
SIMMGAL
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Where my cows are, Virginia

Re: Guess the youngest

Postby SIMMGAL » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:52 am

Have any side pictures of them? Especially the Uno Mas.
0 x
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cattle and that's pretty much the same thing as far as I'm concerned! ;-)

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3163
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Guess the youngest

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:48 am

SIMMGAL wrote:Have any side pictures of them? Especially the Uno Mas.


Looking:
This is the one in the middle:
Image

Here is a HPF Optimzer DOB: 11/02/20/16
That Upgrade is in the background. This Optimizer is one of my favorite fall 2016 calves.
Image

The Uno Mas, this is from middle July. She has filled out nicely since then. She is sold to the Gentleman from Tennessee who bought my Fall 2016 Optimum Chrome Bull Calf.
Image

Simmgal, here is the Uno Mas. Took it this evening:
Image
0 x

ClinchValley
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 502
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:28 am
Location: East Tennessee

Re: Guess the youngest

Postby ClinchValley » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:59 am

Nice thick rear legs on the outside animals. I really like! Beautiful animals IMO.
1 x
I am forever in the pursuit of more knowledge and wisdom. For I will always be "green."

User avatar
SIMMGAL
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Where my cows are, Virginia

Re: Guess the youngest

Postby SIMMGAL » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:27 am

Bright Raven wrote:
SIMMGAL wrote:Have any side pictures of them? Especially the Uno Mas.


Looking:
This is the one in the middle:
Image

Here is a HPF Optimzer DOB: 11/02/20/16
That Upgrade is in the background. This Optimizer is one of my favorite fall 2016 calves.
Image

The Uno Mas, this is from middle July. She has filled out nicely since then. She is sold to the Gentleman from Tennessee who bought my Fall 2016 Optimum Chrome Bull Calf.
Image

Simmgal, here is the Uno Mas. Took it this evening:
Image


Thank you for the pictures! Very nice! I like the Uno Mas, makes me look forward to the calves I have coming! Best of luck with them!
0 x
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cattle and that's pretty much the same thing as far as I'm concerned! ;-)

User avatar
SIMMGAL
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:01 pm
Location: Where my cows are, Virginia

Re: Guess the youngest

Postby SIMMGAL » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:18 am

Bright Raven wrote:
SIMMGAL wrote:Have any side pictures of them? Especially the Uno Mas.


Looking:
This is the one in the middle:
Image

Here is a HPF Optimzer DOB: 11/02/20/16
That Upgrade is in the background. This Optimizer is one of my favorite fall 2016 calves.
Image

The Uno Mas, this is from middle July. She has filled out nicely since then. She is sold to the Gentleman from Tennessee who bought my Fall 2016 Optimum Chrome Bull Calf.
Image

Simmgal, here is the Uno Mas. Took it this evening:
Image


Thank you for the pictures! Very nice! I like the Uno Mas, makes me look forward to the calves I have coming! Best of luck with them!
0 x
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cattle and that's pretty much the same thing as far as I'm concerned! ;-)


Return to “Breeds Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bullitt, True Grit Farms and 11 guests