Flies vs mosquitos

Cattle problems.
kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Flies vs mosquitos

Postby kenny thomas » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:21 pm

I have,dealt with flies all my life but after a week in south TX I,wonder how,the,cows,handle the mosquitos. Last week they were,so thick they would stop up the radiator on a truck. They,have been spraying them so,the power company can repair,the lines. They are terrible. How do the cows handle,it, or,the,wildlife
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Flies vs mosquitos

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:51 am

kenny thomas wrote:I have,dealt with flies all my life but after a week in south TX I,wonder how,the,cows,handle the mosquitos. Last week they were,so thick they would stop up the radiator on a truck. They,have been spraying them so,the power company can repair,the lines. They are terrible. How do the cows handle,it, or,the,wildlife

Brahman, the super breed.

Duh
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:02 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:I have,dealt with flies all my life but after a week in south TX I,wonder how,the,cows,handle there mosquitos. Last week they were,so thick they would stop up the radiator on a truck. They,have been spraying them so,the power company can repair,the lines. They are terrible. How do the cows handle,it, or,the,wildlifep

Duh
you joke, but it's true... Think how they evolved into what they are...heat,insect tolerant, loose hide for cooling,hump over their back for water... Their the ultimate breed for that area..but by the same token I hate to see folks try to raise them in places their not suited for...
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:29 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:I have,dealt with flies all my life but after a week in south TX I,wonder how,the,cows,handle there mosquitos. Last week they were,so thick they would stop up the radiator on a truck. They,have been spraying them so,the power company can repair,the lines. They are terrible. How do the cows handle,it, or,the,wildlifep

Duh
you joke, but it's true... Think how they evolved into what they are...heat,insect tolerant, loose hide for cooling,hump over their back for water... Their the ultimate breed for that area..but by the same token I hate to see folks try to raise them in places their not suited for...

Not joking, I agree with your assessment 100%.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:38 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
kenny thomas wrote:I have,dealt with flies all my life but after a week in south TX I,wonder how,the,cows,handle the mosquitos. Last week they were,so thick they would stop up the radiator on a truck. They,have been spraying them so,the power company can repair,the lines. They are terrible. How do the cows handle,it, or,the,wildlife

Duh

So far every cow I have seen so far has had some ear. Several looked full Brahman. So different from my area.
1 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Some people know people, who know people, who aren't very nice people and you could get a visit from them someday. So be good people.

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:01 pm

kenny thomas wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:

Duh

So far every cow I have seen so far has had some ear. Several looked full Brahman. So different from my area.

Most of the ones without ear are dead.
0 x

Return to “Health & Nutrition”